lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2020, 07:22 AM   #1
saddiegirl1
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G9 just stops running

Hello i have a G9 yamaha first one i have a couple questions.
1) when i push gas pedal cart lunges forward or reverse pending on where the shifter is placed before it starts.Should it start before it takes off?

2) runs for a bit then just dies let it sit 15 min and will start back up but will again die after 30 sec or a min. I have replace the coil with no change seems to get awful hot under the seat.Going to replace Igniter but figure i would get some input first before i keep throwing parts at it any help would be great.
saddiegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2020, 06:45 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G9 just stops running

Clutch operation would be my first guess on the take off issues. The cart should start and run in neutral without moving. Usually golf cart engines will shut off when you change gears, there is a switch under the go pedal that cuts the ignition. So when changing gear, the engine should be off. Then it should start in gear and go right away. They usually won't idle in gear.

If the cart is running hot, two things to check. A lean condition will make an engine run hot, so check the carburetor and adjust the air/fuel adjustment screw. Also, if the cart has been run in wet muddy conditions the engine cooling fins might be packed with dirt and mud. It's good to clean those out on a regular basis. The cooling fins help keep the engine running at the proper temp, if they are packed with dirt/grass/mud the engine will run hotter than normal.

The stalling issue might be temp related, but it also could be fuel related. If the fuel hoses and fuel pump have not been looked at, check those. Old fuel hoses get brittle and leak vacuum and pressure. Fuel pumps do fail, sometimes they don't pump at all, sometimes just weak. You can replace the fuel pump with a Briggs and Stratton unit to save some cash. Another culprit could be a plugged fuel filter or pickup tube.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:52 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G9 just stops running

Make sure when you press the pedal just enough to start it that the throttle is closed at the carb. Some people think if you put the throttle cable real tight it will go faster and then the throttle does not shut off.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha