lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2020, 09:49 PM   #1
ffmedicmatt
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 cart enclosure

Looking for a G1 cart enclosure. I’ve got seats on the back and a standard roof on it.

Anyone got any ideas on a enclosure?
ffmedicmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2020, 12:18 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 cart enclosure

No such thing exists "ready made" for a G1.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 05:16 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

The problem with the G1 is the weight added to the roof will hurt the ability to flip the body back for maintenance. Also, the G1 roof only has one set of riser supports on the rear, the added weight might be too much for those to support.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:09 PM   #4
ffmedicmatt
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Guess I should add some more information here. I’ve got a G29 roof on it with roof supports that we’re fabricated to hold the roof. It looks just like a normal cart now.

I realize there is no standard. I wasn’t sure if anyone has tried something.
ffmedicmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 10:53 AM   #5
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

You're not going to find one as the G1's never had a standard production factory roof, there were numerous aftermarket companies that came out with them though. But they're all a little different in design and size, the rear supports are random in height/width. The roofs are different in lengths/widths with some having a front windshield/support and some not......

I had this problem with my older Ezgo Marathon years ago, there was a few aftermarket cabs out there but since I chopped the top (lowered it 6" in the front and 3" off the rear) there was no chance of anything fitting......

But there is another way;
Get creative and make your own like I did, I used a bunch of stencil paper and masking tape (and lotsa beer). Through trial and error I finally came up with something, but then realized my sewing machine wasn't tough enough for the material I bought. So I took the patterns and material to an upholstery shop for them to sew it up, the results are in my avatar pic... Good Luck
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha