lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2021, 05:15 AM   #1
Jonsi66
Not Yet Wild

Default 1984 yamaha g1 gas stop switch

Hi peeps. Is it possible to bypass or eliminate the stop switch? I know it's a safety switch as well but I don't need it. If just like it to idle at a stop. And how to do it... Thank you in advance.
Jonsi66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2021, 12:45 PM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1984 yamaha g1 gas stop switch

Man, hopefully else will chime in on this. That G1 wiring is confusing as all get out.

I recall reading on the forum here years ago that joining the white wire on either side of that switch will do what you are looking for. I checked the wiring diagram and it does seem like white is the only wire that is independent from F and R so there is some logic there. Please don't take my word for it, though. You are going to have to study that diagram.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 08:09 AM   #3
Jonsi66
Not Yet Wild

Yes, maybe it's not possible. That's why, besides you, no one has replied to the question...
Old 04-29-2021, 06:56 AM   #4
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

theres a black wire with a white stripe off the CDI you can disconnect this and it puts the cart in maintance mode. the cart starts with the pdeal but only shuts off witht the key so it will idle. however the G1 is not meant to idle you will melt it down if you let it sit and idle
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 08:43 AM   #5
broux2
Not Yet Wild

Looking at the wiring diagram it looks very simple to bypass. However I will state I have not tried yet. The switch works when pedal is pressed by closing a connection between W and R/W wires and opening the connection between B and B/W. I think if you disconnect all wires at pedal switch and then just connect the W and R/W on the cart side you should be good.

Keep in mind that on top of idling being bad for engine cooling it may cause your battery to drain as the generator will not be spinning fast enough to charge battery.
broux2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 04:27 AM   #6
Jonsi66
Not Yet Wild

Ok, thank you so much for the info. After reading the replays, not sure if I want to do it because of the motor overheating. I mean. I use this g1 cart at a campsite and their is not much just sitting and idling, maybe at most two stop signs. But, it's a old 1984 and really don't want to put the extra strain on the motor which by the way runs real good with lots of torque besides the snapping of the neck when taking off. Lol.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha