lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2022, 08:54 AM   #1
chacam
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 Hesitation on Acceleration

I have a 2011 Yamaha and when I take off from a dead start, it accelerates smoothly with no hesitation. I can push the pedal to the floor and it is smooth and fast. Then if I slow down for a corner or just slow down on a straight stretch, when I try to accelerate, there is a hesitation and then it is able to rev up. I have cleaned the carb in an ultrasound cleaner and it looks in good shape. Short of buying a new carb, is there someplace else I should be looking? It is driving my wife crazy because she thinks it is going to stall. Thanks
chacam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2022, 09:20 AM   #2
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 Hesitation on Acceleration

It sounds like you still have a clog in the carburetor somewhere. When I clean them, I take them all apart and clean all the jets with a wire. Then I put them in the ultrasonic cleaner with Simple Green in it and let it run. Hesitation means a lean mixture and that indicates a clog somewhere to me.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 11:24 AM   #3
chacam
Not Yet Wild

That’s exactly what I did. Removed all of the jets. Cleaned all the jet with a wire. Let the whole thing cook in the ultrasonic cleaner for several hours. Blew it out with air. Just wondering if there is an internal passage that I’ve missed.
Old 02-18-2022, 11:43 AM   #4
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

You might check for an airleak somewhere. The airbox connection is a good place to start. Also, check the carb mounting flange gaskets and be sure you've got a good seal.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 12:18 PM   #5
chacam
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. Will do.
Old 02-21-2022, 07:10 AM   #6
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You may want to replace the needle in the carb. The rubber tip wears out and causes a rich stumbling condition until the excess fuel cleans out.
What color is the spark plug electrode?
Are you finding gas in the crankcase?
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha