lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2022, 07:15 PM   #1
Sideways
Gone Wild

Default Drive2 EFI running fat...

Just took delivery of my 2022 Drive2 EFI w/Quiet Tech cart and love everything about it except it smells like it's running fat (unburnt gas smell) even after a full round of golf. Anyone else have this issue?
I called my dealer, they said it could be the motor just needs to be broken in and to wait and see.
Thanks
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2023, 03:37 PM   #2
bcsnave
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Drive2 EFI running fat...

I have a 2022 Quietech with 33 hours on it...it still smells
bcsnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 05:37 PM   #3
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

You might want to try removing (or cleaning, if you prefer) the spark arrestor from the tip of the exhaust. We have two EFI Quietech carts and I've removed them on both, and they run great. They just don't seem to handle that extra backpressure very well.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 09:19 PM   #4
tom4416
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dflowe View Post
You might want to try removing (or cleaning, if you prefer) the spark arrestor from the tip of the exhaust. We have two EFI Quietech carts and I've removed them on both, and they run great. They just don't seem to handle that extra backpressure very well.
Why the spark arrestor? They aren't designed to be driven in park lands where such things are mandatory and I don't recall ever seeing them on another generation of the cart. I would think EFI would dump far, far less unburned fuel into the exhaust, greatly diminishing the need for any type of spark arrestor but obviously I'm wrong.
tom4416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 08:19 AM   #5
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom4416 View Post
Why the spark arrestor? They aren't designed to be driven in park lands where such things are mandatory and I don't recall ever seeing them on another generation of the cart. I would think EFI would dump far, far less unburned fuel into the exhaust, greatly diminishing the need for any type of spark arrestor but obviously I'm wrong.
They come from the factory with a spark arrestor attached to the tip of the exhaust. Unfortunately, they clog easily and can cause lost power, erratic running & smells.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha