lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2022, 09:22 AM   #1
SlapahoInjun
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Windshield install clips? Better to drill?

I finally got my seats reupholstered. Ordered the 3 piece vinyl set of BU for $100 and paid local canvas guy $250 to do the foam replacement and vinyl job. For $350 total I’m happy with it.

Now I need to get a windshield installed. My 87 Yamaha G2 is apparently an odd windshield frame size? I measure 39”W x 32”H if I’m going to use the plastic clips or 40”x 32” if I’m going to drill and use stainless to attach to the 1” square tube frame.

I’m thinking of just ordering 1/4” polycarbonate from local glass guy. $91.

Recommendations on best way to fasten it please ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A3E0536B-9A1C-4B97-8E3F-3EA391333A3C.jpg (298.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg B80B70E1-2710-4E41-88CD-8149DE727BB4.jpg (193.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg A872BFED-C94B-4188-8222-832222758F4E.jpg (200.6 KB, 0 views)
SlapahoInjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2022, 07:10 AM   #2
buchrob
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Windshield install clips? Better to drill?

That particular frame/roof setup looks like it's just begging to rock 'n roll side to side when you go over bumps. Plastic clips would be safer. Drilling into the frame might lead to cracking over time when the frame wobbles.
buchrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 03:54 PM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Windshield install clips? Better to drill?

I bolted mine on and it's been ok BUT there are couple of "tricks" you probably want to to do if you go this route. Pre-drill the holes in your windshield and make them just a tad bit bigger than the bolts to allow for a bit of play. Also, make sure to use rubber or neoprene washers between the bolt head and windshield and again between the windshield and the frame. This will allow for some more play and will minimize any annoying squeaks and such.
Lochlin is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
windshield, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha