lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #21
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: Best way to remove driven clutch

impa the clutch on the motor you can get to with a impact and a 6 in extention. it fitts right in the wheel well to the bolt(crap i have a carryall with knobbys on it, not a standard golf cart). the axle clutch should come off with out a impact, but you can get a impact and a socket on it too. the axle side should slip right off, but can be a bear to get off. the engine clutch you will need a clutch puller. get it from a dealer, or a site sponsor. for around 40 bucks. looks like a blot on a bolt. well worth the 40 bucks or soo i paid for it.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2010, 08:27 AM   #22
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

oh and when putting back on put a little antiseize on it. will prevent the sticking next time you need to pull off. the axle side has a woodruuf key or a square key on it. so be sure not to loose it,
Old 02-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #23
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

to get the belts off, the drive(big belt) you just need to rool it off and rotate like a bike chin to get on and off. the satrter genny, just take the genny downward and it frees up the belt. so it can roll off the pully.
as far as pulling the engine clytch as i said before yo will need the puller. and i had to pull my engine out, or get it free to get my clutch off the shaft. but the axle clutch, no issues. afte you get the belt off.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #24
ImaPoser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by agsbill View Post
What clutch are you trying to remove? The one on the motor (drive clutch) or the one on the transaxle (driven clutch)???

Bill
Er, this could be the problem. I took off the front seat, and saw a clutch held on with a single bolt and figured that was what I was after.

I didn't even look for one back at the transaxle. I guess that's the one I need to get to send for machining....
This is why I need photos.
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #25
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

impa here they come as soon as i can rember how!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #26
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

0215001909.jpg

0215001910.jpg

thank god fro a carryall! open the bed and there you go! the big belt connects both clutches. the big one on the engine and the pulley one the axle. the axle as staited before should slide off, it has a key in it. put the cart in gear, with the engine off, and the parking brake on, and a set of wheel chocks to keep it from rolloing. to get this bolt off. the engine one, i just ussed a impact, and a extention right behind the leaf spring mount. but i have a carrryall with nobbys. yoo will need a engine clutch puller. its a little bolt on top of a ention rod. costs around 40 bucks at at dealer or site sponsor! you will need this to get the big clutch, or the one one the engine shaft out. i have to pull mu engine to get it off. i have eard of people jacking the front of the engine. and aloowing it to pivot down in the front to get it off, after they pull all the cables, surports and the muffler off. i just pulled mine off cause i needed it off any ways. but i cant really help you there on if it has to come off or not.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #27
jeff3541108
Not Yet Wild

its best to do it when its cold out let the thing get very cold outside warm the bolt up and remove it . you could soak it with some lube a few days earlyer good luck
jeff3541108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #28
ImaPoser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks! I still don't see how this is the same thing. Sounds like I have another excuse to get back down to the lake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0215001910.jpg (46.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 64-1_lrg.jpg (23.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 02-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #29
ImaPoser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Update!

Clutch is out, and being sent tomorrow. I found the easiest way to do it. I sent the wife down to get it.

She wanted a girls weekend away and a group of them went down to the lake house. I showed her the photos, gave her a 1/2" wrench and the basic instructions of put in gear, put on brake and turn bolt left. Then, slide belt over side and pull off. She said it was no problem.
I'll probably send her back down in a few weeks ot put it back on.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #30
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

you are a good man ima! just rember to out a little anti-sieze on it before reinstall. also dont lose the key for it! or hope the wife didnt lose it already! the anti-seize will aidin the removal prosess next time!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car