lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 AM   #31
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Re: Precedent Radio-Speaker-ACC Oulet Install

Those are great speakers to use by the way Scuba and everyone else. I have the same ones. I thought I'd start with 2 and add more if needed and the 2 by themselves sound great. Every person that hears them for the first time can't believe how good the system sounds with just these 2 speakers. Having a good head unit helps. I don't have same model as Scuba, but similar - Kenwood.

SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #32
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarrard View Post
Hey Scubabud. I recently purchased a 1996 gas Club Car. After looking thru all the posts I decided to purchase the Polk Audio db651's. I noticed your nice looking baffles. Where did you purchase them and what was the price? Your cart looks outstanding!
I got my speakers and radio head from Crutchfield a while back. I would check with the different sponsors here on BGW to see what they have for sound equipment, especially since they might also carry the mounting brackets especially made for our carts.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #33
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03RedClub View Post
Those are great speakers to use by the way Scuba and everyone else. I have the same ones. I thought I'd start with 2 and add more if needed and the 2 by themselves sound great. Every person that hears them for the first time can't believe how good the system sounds with just these 2 speakers. Having a good head unit helps. I don't have same model as Scuba, but similar - Kenwood.

I like your mounting of the speakers better then mine
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #34
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Yeh, Scuba, I think with them mounted below the seat, it helps give the bass a bit more bump than if they were mounted in a cabinet or overhead console.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #35
Beacon
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

03red, I like the way you mounted your speakers. What year is your Precedent? I have an 07 with 4 12v in it and don't think I have enough room to mount like this.
Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #36
toofast
Not Yet Wild

Wow very cool!! I will have to look into that.
toofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:57 AM   #37
bphemi
Getting Wild

Club Car

Ok I have a question for you guys. Where did you pick up power to run your radio's? I was told to run a positive and neg wire straight from one of the batteries with a fuse in line. I have done several searches and have not come up with the answer. I am having the problem with cuting out on the radio so not sure if this is the reason. Sorry for hijacking your thread but thought I would ask since it was kinda what the original thread was about. Thanks.
bphemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #38
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphemi View Post
Ok I have a question for you guys. Where did you pick up power to run your radio's? I was told to run a positive and neg wire straight from one of the batteries with a fuse in line. I have done several searches and have not come up with the answer. I am having the problem with cuting out on the radio so not sure if this is the reason. Sorry for hijacking your thread but thought I would ask since it was kinda what the original thread was about. Thanks.
You need a 48 to 12 reducer which draws off of every battery. If you wire the radio to just one single battery, the memory wire will be hot all the time and will eventually cause that battery to be weak. When that battery becomes weak it will take longer to charge, which causes a chain reaction that causes the other batteries to boil over while waiting on that particular battery to catch up. It's bad news. Get the reducer.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #39
bsteines
Not Yet Wild

Got a couple of technical questions I'm hoping you can answer, as it looks like you've perfected it...
2000 club car and I just ordered a 48 to 12 volt reducer (100W) to run just the radio. It already has a 16 to 12 volt reducer running the headlights.

I understand how to install the reducer/radio...but my issue is that the "sleeve" or chassis on the radio is now 12v and their is a "difference" between that and the non grounded frame of the cart.
That being said, the stereo is mounted in the glove box and won't come into contact with any metal...BUT when I use the AUX input for the Ipod, then touch metal on the frame, I get a shock...cause of the difference.

Also, do I need a switch between battery and reducer or just between reducer and radio?

HELP?!?
bsteines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #40
Cinrock
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I have an 07 with 4 12v in it and don't think I have enough room to mount like this.
Yeah you do. Mine are in the same place. You may have to trim some of the battery tub to clear the magnets like I did. I bought some rubber mat material from Lowes and some rubber cement to cover the holes I made.
Cinrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car