lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #11
Nos-Box
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New to the Scene! Just P/U a Par Car Project

Been a while since I was on here, Haven't gotten much done till last weekend when the teardown commenced. Getting it ready to have the frame and misc. other parts soda blasted next weekend. Then comes the custom lift. Looking at going up about 8". Will post pics as the work progresses
Nos-Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #12
OBeer-WAN-Kenobi
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos-Box View Post
Been a while since I was on here, Haven't gotten much done till last weekend when the teardown commenced. Getting it ready to have the frame and misc. other parts soda blasted next weekend. Then comes the custom lift. Looking at going up about 8". Will post pics as the work progresses
Can't wait for pix!
I'm working on a couple of 2001 ParCars right now. Got one tore down to the frame and will be blasting it and repainting everything as well. I'll be interested in seeing the differences with your older one.
OBeer-WAN-Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #13
Nos-Box
Not Yet Wild

Got it stripped down for the most part> I do have a question though... How do I get the steering linkage off the rack and pinion unit? it looks like there is a bolt/nut off center on the u-joint just above the rack but the dang thing is so crammed up w / grease I am not sure.

Also, this thing is an absolute rust bucket!!! looks like some cutting and welding will be in order. the frame tubes are so pitted they look like the surface of the moon. At this point we're calling it the Titanic cause it looks like its been sitting on the bottom of the ocean for years!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stripped frame.jpg (207.3 KB, 11 views)
Nos-Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar