lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #11
chachi44089
Getting Wild

Default Re: Worn out drive clutch?

Ok..I decided to inspect the clutch..I was able to pop the clutch cover loose but cannot get it off because the frame is in the way. I am not sure what to do now..Do I take out the motor mount bolts and move the motor to get the cover clear? I guess I could put it back on and buy the puller and remove the entire clutch..But it seems very close to the frame like 1" or so..If the shaft is any longer than that will the clutch still come out without taking more apart? Forgive me if the questions seem dumb, I have never worked on one of the things, and being disabled makes it tough to do work like this.
chachi44089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #12
PIB-My-Ride
Getting Wild

Club Car

Chach, is there any chance you or anyone you know will be visiting Cedar Point or the CP Boat Show this wkd? I spend every wkd at CP and could bring my puller if you want to borrow it.

The shaft that the clutch is mounted to is more of a tapered "stub" - there's plenty of clearance. On my non-lifted cart, the suspension has enough give to allow the puller itself to slide into the clutch without the frame interfering.
PIB-My-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #13
chachi44089
Getting Wild

Hey PIB..That would be great! I only live about 15-20 minutes from Cedar Point..I could meet you at a specific location near there and pick it up, then do the same to drop it off! Or I could even trailer my cart to the same location and just pop it off right there and hand you back the tool..Let me know what you think..And thanx A LOT!! I just dont want to risk the "rod stuck in clutch method" lol..I will be online here on and off all day so let me know..
Old 09-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #14
PIB-My-Ride
Getting Wild

Club Car

Don't hook up the trailer quite yet. Mine didn't pop off, so assuming yours will is probably taunting the Club Car gods!

I needed PB blaster and a impact gun to "convince" mine to come off, and I probably won't be of much help to you on since I plan on being drunk most of the day.

I'll send you a PM with contact info.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #15
chachi44089
Getting Wild

Thanx PIB!! I did give it a good soak yesterday with some blaster, and I have an impact gun..sweet!!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:20 PM   #16
chachi44089
Getting Wild

Think tomarrow "Sat" might be better..Bunch of friends showed up tonight with brews...Sound ok?? I will contact you...
Old 09-17-2010, 08:36 PM   #17
chachi44089
Getting Wild

Well, neighbor decided to whack my clutch with a rubber mallet..I wasnt real keen on the idea, but add a few beers some tools and a brave friend and you never know what might happen..It popped right off!! I think it was pure luck and a good soaking with blaster the night before. I pulled it apart and the thrust washer is grooved and has small indents worn in it. The ends of the weights look worn as well..I hope that is my "low" speed problem..
But I do want to thank PIB for stepping up and offering a total stranger a puller to borrow..Shows the kind of people you can meet on here. You guys are the best..
I better stop thanking people and getting all mushy..my cart still needs work! Does it ever end? I hope not...Later
chachi
Old 09-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #18
PIB-My-Ride
Getting Wild

Club Car

That's awesome Chach! I wish mine had gone that well.

I look forward to hearing about final outcome. The day I put my rebuilt clutch on and went for my first "high speed" ride was a good one!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #19
chachi44089
Getting Wild

Update..I am going to need some parts.."thrust washer, weights,buttons some machining". But for the heck of it I flipped the thrust washer over and popped it back on before putting my clutch back on. "till I save a few bucks for CPP work". Went for a ride and 14-15mph! Cant wait to send in my clutch. And CPP doesnt charge extra to put in the needed parts, they just charge for the cost of the parts. Very cool..
I will post more as things happen. And thanx for all the help and advise, because before I thought it was my motor or gov that was the problem. Nope, the CLUTCH! I guess just because it works, doesnt mean it works right.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car