lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
R.Ducky
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Rev Limiter problem on 2005 DS?

I just bought a 2005 Club Car gas DS. This is my first cart. I am going to do some modifications but I have a problem to fix first.

When I take off the engine starts and runs great then it will cut out for a few seconds and start back up then cut out and start back up. I thought this was the rev limiter kicking in but it will do this regardless of the engine speed. I can push the pedal down 1/4 and it still cuts out.

Since I just bought it and the oil looked dirty I changed the oil, oil filter, spark plug, air filter and both gas filters. It didn't effect the cut out problem.

Could it be a bad rev limiter? Is there a way to check those? I was searching on the forum and read something about disconnecting the ground from the rev limiter?

Any input?
R.Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Default Re: Rev Limiter problem on 2005 DS?

Just because you push the pedal a little doesnt mean the carb is not opening all the way. Thats what you have to look at. if you are going 2 miles an hour and it cuts out, then you have another problem.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Ducky View Post
I just bought a 2005 Club Car gas DS. This is my first cart. I am going to do some modifications but I have a problem to fix first.

When I take off the engine starts and runs great then it will cut out for a few seconds and start back up then cut out and start back up. I thought this was the rev limiter kicking in but it will do this regardless of the engine speed. I can push the pedal down 1/4 and it still cuts out.

Since I just bought it and the oil looked dirty I changed the oil, oil filter, spark plug, air filter and both gas filters. It didn't effect the cut out problem.

Could it be a bad rev limiter? Is there a way to check those? I was searching on the forum and read something about disconnecting the ground from the rev limiter?

Any input?
It sounds as though something is out of whack on your cart. Read the stickies and adjust as required. Your cart sounds as if it may have been abused judging by your comments re oil etc. Did you test ride it before purchase ?

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
R.Ducky
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Of course I test drove it before I purchased it.

I figured there was some abuse before I bought it. The price was right. I was aware of it cutting out but thought it wasn't that couldn't be repaired. That's the reason for my post. I have read the stickies but will read them again. Thanks for the reply.
R.Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car