lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
99str8six
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default club car problem

we just got a club car carry all 2 the other day. it sat at a golf corse for a year without running. got it home an had it running in a few hours. was on it an just quit running. have to keep the choke pulled out for it to stay running. can someone help me figure out whats wrong with it???
99str8six is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: club car problem

if it sat for that long pull the carb and clean it good.......there may be stale gas in the tank also.......also may want to do a tune up new air filter plug fuel lines and filter make sure to put the ngk plug back in bp5es i am thinking.....
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
99str8six
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

could it be anything else? its gettin gas an the fuel filter is brand new and like i said it was running real good an it just up an quit running till i pulled the choke out.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

check your fuel pump. put in maintenance mode, unhook hose at carb, put hose in empty container and crank it over. it should pump fuel into the can at a fairly good rate. If it does, and you are using new fuel, clean your carb. If it does not, check for a broken vacuum line or for a fuel pump problem.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
99str8six
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

i will try that in the morning. if anyone else has any thing else to say please tell me thank you
Old 10-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #6
99str8six
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

whats the quickest an easiest way to clean the carb?
Old 10-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #7
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99str8six View Post
whats the quickest an easiest way to clean the carb?
pull it and diassemble it. its the quickest and the easiest way. only real way to get to the jets and needles and clean all the nooks and crannys. its a carryall, tilt your bed back and have at her! get some sea foam and dump half the bottle in a full tank of fuel. it has a stabilizer in it also. it wil get what you carb overhaul wont. and if you do it reall careful, you can reuse your bowl oring. the carb to intake gaskets are metal. so no real damage there.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #8
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
pull it and diassemble it. its the quickest and the easiest way. only real way to get to the jets and needles and clean all the nooks and crannys. its a carryall, tilt your bed back and have at her! get some sea foam and dump half the bottle in a full tank of fuel. it has a stabilizer in it also. it wil get what you carb overhaul wont. and if you do it reall careful, you can reuse your bowl oring. the carb to intake gaskets are metal. so no real damage there.
Did they move the engine ? As far as i know it's still under the seat, not the dump bed

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #9
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Oh well you must have the flat bed, so i would assume you would have to pull it, or tilt it some how. I have a carryall 2 with a dump bed....so easy to wrok on and acess parts youll never by anything else! Just tilt the bed and bend over! Or pull 2 pivot bolts and pull a cotter pin and have wife give you a hand to set bed to the side!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
99str8six
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

well it runs again but now there is a gas leak comming out of the top of the carb out a vent it looks like. an has a loss of power. any tips?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car