lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #21
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: '82 G1 not getting gas

Doing good work man..
Do you remember what the little outlet nipple in your picture was hooked up to?
Mine was disconnected and venting out over the back of the engine compartment.
kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #22
ky_mike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

This is a great thread. Make me want to tear mine apart
ky_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:13 AM   #23
happilymaad
Not Yet Wild

Thanks.

Not sure what it is called, but it is a black plastic rectangular box that says Yamaha. This box connects to the intake joint behind the carb. and is held in place by 2 bolts (one on each side). It is bolted to the plastic engine cover.
happilymaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #24
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by happilymaad View Post
Thanks.

Not sure what it is called, but it is a black plastic rectangular box that says Yamaha. This box connects to the intake joint behind the carb. and is held in place by 2 bolts (one on each side). It is bolted to the plastic engine cover.
Anyone have a clue? Crank breather?
Thanks for the info HM. Maybe as you put it back together you can snap a pic for me. Thanks .KC
Old 01-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #25
happilymaad
Not Yet Wild

Found it on trgolfcar.com. They are calling it a vac control valve. I'm interested to find out what its purpose is.

No problem on the pics, kc. Probably will be about a week before I get parts and time.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #26
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the info HM.
Found this drawing this morning. Not stealing your thread, just trying to learn. Looks like an emission control device. The vacuum control valve 37 may act like a ( PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve and air chamber 36 may be to collect gas/oil mixture excess and return it to the combustion chamber/crankcase rather than dripping/spraying it on the greens(golf term).
I guess we both need some help with "do we really need part 36 on our carts?"
Old 01-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #27
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It is a form of boost bottle to smooth
the air intake pulses at low RPM.
Read here.
http://datafan.com/articles/boostbottle.html
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #28
happilymaad
Not Yet Wild

Good question, KC. Since this is my first gas golf cart and engine rebuild, I was planning on putting it back on just to keep it stock-ish. After reading the link from DOOmsman, its definetly going back on. :)

Thanks, DOOmsman. I beleive that answers the question of what it does and do we need it.

When I begin to reassemble, does the crankshaft and / or the crank case need to be greased or oiled? If so, how much?

I appreciate the help and encouragement! This is a great forum.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #29
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks, DOOmsman. Great reading.
I agree HM, great forum!
Old 01-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #30
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

When reassembling, anything that moves should be liberally lubed. All the bearings, the cylinder and piston. This prevents running dry and damaging your new parts on startup. I typically use the same 2-stroke oil you put in the lube tank, put it in a squirt can, and if it moves, shoot it. The crankcase sealing surface needs to be cleaned and kept clean and oil- free. The mating surfaces should be coated with Threebond/Yamabond/Hondabond/Permatex Motoseal (all the same product- a grey, semi-drying zero-clearance sealer).
Regarding your cylinder, it looks like you need at least a new piston and rings. If you are going to do that, it would be best to have the cylinder bored oversize. That way you have essentially a new engine when you are done.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha