lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #11
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Speed Sensor 2003 48v - Pathway

Gaminde, you are all over it. Hooked up like you describe, used a working led as a resistor (I assume this is ok) waived the magnet, both sides, nothing.

As a train collecting hobbiest I am pretty skilled at soldering. If you could let me know how to get this bugger going again that would be great.

With regard to a speed sensor going bad, I agree. When I took it off the cart the first thing I thought was what the hell could possibly go wrong with that? That said, this is a lifted cart and it does do a little bit of off-roading. Although we don't so anything crazy with it, it will get wet every now and then and occasionally will get jarred.

Thanks again for the help.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #12
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Where are you?? is there a hurry

digi-key 620-1012-ND $1.55ea get 2 or 3 so you can screw up one or two you could use them on your trains also they will tell you when there is another car on the track in front of the next set of trains
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:07 PM   #13
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

you had me thinking on that led you were using to test with.

so I had to try it! Im using 5 vdc power supply. I connected the long leg of the led to the 5 vdc supply the short leg to the green wire ran the magnet over the speed sensor and the led lit up, ran the other pole over the speed sensor and the led went out. guess you just designed a test rig.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:31 AM   #14
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Sorry man, I am out east and went lights out. I might see where you are going with the digi-key part, which I just ordered (for $1.55 I ordered 5). With prioroty shipping they should be here in 1-2 days. Next steps? I am assuming I am going to snip the wires on the connecting tab (the one the fastens to the circle) and solder them to the digi-key part. Which wires should go on which pole? After that, I assume I will fill it all in with epoxy?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #15
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Your going to need a new magnet also where you getting that???

Be careful with the epoxy make sure its not conductive or that could screw up the whole thing. Maybe RTV.

looking at the hall effect device, with the bevel facing you (the left and right are beveled) back side is not.

left pin = Red wire + 4 to 30 volts
center pin = Black wire ground
right pin = output Green

15 years ago I made some speedometers using hall effect devices for cars that had transfer case changes or overdrives installed.

The hall effect device is also used for current sensing in the CC OBC.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #16
Lochlin
Gone Wild

A person I camp with has a couple of part-carts which I am sure I can grab a magnet from. I will post and let everyone know how I do.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #17
floatingstatic
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

The magnet may be a large piece of the pricing problem on the speed sensor - though I'm not sure how else to look for it, but a quick search turned up 1 seller on Ebay (bahamagolfparts) advertising a "high speed magnet" (? How would the magnet be tweaked to improve the performance?) for $55 - I haven't dismantled my sensor yet, but if the magnet is cracked, is that not included in the overall replacement speed sensor package??
floatingstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #18
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Nope speed sensor is speed sensor only I have seen the Magnet and bearing for 38 here
http://www.golfcartking.com/motor-be...it-p-4451.html

less magnets make it go faster controller thinks its not giving enough and gives more, if your programed for mode 4 it won't make any difference.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #19
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

speed sensor can be repaired for 5 dollars

and who is floatingstatic i'm getting confused!!

also you can check the sensor with 5 volts and a LED or meter
Old 05-25-2011, 02:49 PM   #20
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

High Speed Magnet

same as

Here is a device that takes in two pulses and puts out one. at the end I posted the schematic on how to make one.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...peedylink.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car