lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
Doc
Gone Wild

Default Opinions on PQ vs. EMP Motors

Looking to upgrade my stock 48V buggie...going to use either PlumQuick or EMP Products motors. Does anyone have any input, good or bad, on either? I'm strictly looking for a drop-in deal, just more speed-not interested in torque or another controller. Some years back I used a drop-in modified from EMP. Worked VERY well, was inexpensive ($130.00 IIRC) and easy to use. Sadly, their price has nearly doubled (!) so I'm looking to go to PQ. Has anyone had any issues with their PQ?
Thanks in advance!
Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
jlmurphy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Opinions on PQ vs. EMP Motors

For me the guys at PlumQuick have been great. I would not use any thing else.
jlmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My customers and myself have been completely satisfied with the level of service and the product produced by PQ motors.

I run their motors in my personal carts, but I always upgrade the controller to get the most from the motor...

We have hills ~ So we can't get away with the restrictions a stock controller places on amperage feed.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thumbs up Re: Opinions on PQ vs. EMP Motors

PQ
Tbinkley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

x4 for PQ
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
Grinch
Getting Wild

Club Car

one more vote for pq!
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
gabulldawg83
Getting Wild

Club Car

well i havent gotten my motor back yet(just sent it off today), but PQ has been MORE than helpful. i too am upgrading my controller. why spend money on a better motor if youre not going to get the most out of it? from what i understand they can also re-program your stock controller to better suit their motor. its much cheaper than buying a new one. i guess what i am trying to say is...PQ for me!
gabulldawg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
villajoe
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have an EMP only because the place I got my cart from uses them for motor upgrades. No complaints and I drove with stock controller for > 2 years. I've had a 400 amp controller for 2 months and got more torque and top speed. I'm going to 48V's this week with the same motor. EMP has been responsive and said it can handle the upgrade. The motor + 25" tires was good for about 28 mph or so, controller added a couple more and a lot more torque.

That being said, I would have gone with the PQ had I know about them 3 years ago :)
villajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #9
Doc
Gone Wild

Thanks for all the input! I think I'll be going with PQ. I liked EMP, they were easy to deal with an d all, but they're pricing, which used to be so attractive, has become prohibitive. Too bad, but like I said I'll try PQ.
Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #10
drick67
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

The only issue I have had with PQ is they promised 20% more torque and speed...well, I got 25% more speed for sure, torque is way up, dont know how to measure but seat of the pants feel, 25% is there!!! Plus the personal attention you receive from the owners is SECOND to none! They have earned a customer for life!!! I already want to go faster and they will get my business when it is time to get it done!!
drick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car