lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 87 36v clubcar no go

Physically inspect the connections at the 4 motor terminals. If they are good continue your search until the end of every heavy cable has been inspected pulled and twisted.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #12
monsterwake
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I will inspect them all this evening. I might even replace some.
monsterwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #13
monsterwake
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

All wires were good. Should I ohm the motor or is there something else I am missing? I can post battery voltages if needed.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes you can test your motor if you want........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #15
monsterwake
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have 39 V on A1 A2 and S1 on the motor. I haven't unhooked the motor to ohm it yet. Shadowman, do you still think I have a battery issue? I have 4 new batteries installed now.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:35 AM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

it only takes 1 battery to bring the cart to a stand still.......ok your soleniod clicks but cart won,t moved and you jumped it cart still won,t go........how about your F&R switch? are the cables ok there? if your certain about that voltage with a load on it...........can you clip your meter probes onto the 1st and last battery for full voltage and than hit your pedal leave it depressed for a few seconds and see what your voltage drops to? if it stays above 34 volts thats enough to drive cart and would eliminate batteries as problem......than move to F&R if cables are all good and clean take it off and really clean it up see if that does anything.......or sit in cart and put it in gear and try and drive while wiggleing it see if anything happens...............when you hit your pedal how many soleniod clicks are you hearing?......i,m sorry i,m thinking out loud cause you have a pretty simple speed setup and i want to make sure we arn,t missing something..................................
Old 07-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #17
monsterwake
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

All 5 selonoids click. I can hear them with the key on. With the key off, I can hear the limit switches clicking lightly. I cleaned the F/R switch but did not take it off. I will do that in the morning. I will also attach my meter across all 6 batteries and see if they drop with the pedal mashed.
1 other thing, my buzzer switch for reverse (at least that is what I think it is) has the wires pulled off. I don't think this could have anything to do with it but...
Old 07-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

no if its the micro for the reverse that shouldn,t bother anything......................
Old 07-31-2011, 05:32 PM   #19
monsterwake
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

OK. Volt meter reads 37.2 volts. With the pedal all the way down it drops to 36.9 volts and stays there with the pedal down. Still, motor don't turn.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:53 PM   #20
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Im thinking it may be time for a motor test on this one. Your cart is getting to that age where it would not be unusual for brushes to be gone. A series motor test with 12 volts will give the answer. I think every question has been covered clearly by Shadowman and by the way Monsterwake, your description of your problem is excellent. Very detail oriented and presice. I wish everyone described their problem as well as you have.

What do you think Shadow?
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car