lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
nick731
Getting Wild

Default Club car DS speed...could this be right?

hey mates, ive got a club car ds that i just bought and have been fixing up. just dropped in trojan t875's and the charge is great. but the cart doesnt seem very quick..it goes about 10 mph on straight and crawlsssss up hills. going down a hill i got up to 28 mph lol. does this seem right? ive got about 6 charges on the batteries. the cart has the 6" jake lift, 14" wheels, 23" tires.

(about the year: it was sold to me as a 2001 and has all the characteristics of the newer Ds (roof etc) but when i finally got under it i saw the tag that said A99 or something like that...does this mean it is a 99 that was retrofitted to look like a new one?)

THANKS!
nick731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
jlmurphy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club car DS speed...could this be right?

Post some pictures. Battery box area, and forward reverse switch.
jlmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick731 View Post
hey mates, ive got a club car ds that i just bought and have been fixing up. just dropped in trojan t875's and the charge is great. but the cart doesnt seem very quick..it goes about 10 mph on straight and crawlsssss up hills. going down a hill i got up to 28 mph lol. does this seem right? ive got about 6 charges on the batteries. the cart has the 6" jake lift, 14" wheels, 23" tires.

(about the year: it was sold to me as a 2001 and has all the characteristics of the newer Ds (roof etc) but when i finally got under it i saw the tag that said A99 or something like that...does this mean it is a 99 that was retrofitted to look like a new one?)

THANKS!
The new ones look like the old ones. Sounds like you have an upgraded cart with standard electrics. Is it a series or regen/sepex cart (see Sticky to identify). Do you have an upgraded speed controller and wiring or is it the original 225amp and #6 gauge wire.
Larger tyres mean more speed less power. Sounds like you may have a monster truck with a straight four motor I see from your contribution to another thread that the cart is a series cart with #6 gauge wire to the motor and fwd/rev switch.What size controller do you have , with the big wheels you would need at least a 450-500amp and a heavy duty fwd/rev switch and preferably #2 gauge wires

Last edited by Golfdog; 08-03-2011 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: more info
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
nick731
Getting Wild

Here are some pics. Hopefully these will help answer your spec questions. As far as I know everything is stock on the cart except that i now have new 4g wire for all the batteries and the obc connections. what si the best step going foward to dramatically increase my speed? thanks! nick

Old 08-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
nick731
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfdog View Post
The new ones look like the old ones. Sounds like you have an upgraded cart with standard electrics. Is it a series or regen/sepex cart (see Sticky to identify). Do you have an upgraded speed controller and wiring or is it the original 225amp and #6 gauge wire.
Larger tyres mean more speed less power. Sounds like you may have a monster truck with a straight four motor I see from your contribution to another thread that the cart is a series cart with #6 gauge wire to the motor and fwd/rev switch.What size controller do you have , with the big wheels you would need at least a 450-500amp and a heavy duty fwd/rev switch and preferably #2 gauge wires
what kind of performance should i expect out of upgrading amp and wire vs new motor?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #6
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check the pie shaped speed switch.It might be opening up all the way.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
nick731
Getting Wild

where is that at? thanks, Nick
Old 08-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #8
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Its right under the charging port.On the drivers side.You need to disconnect the rod with the pedal all the way down and see if the switch moves up any further.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #9
nick731
Getting Wild

ok i found the pie cover and took the cover top off but im a little confused aobut what exaclty im adjusting. if i disconnect the rod and X moves then it is good or if X moves than it neeeds to be adjusted? thanks agin, Nick
Old 08-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #10
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

10 mph sounds right while breaking in batteries, you need to upgrade all 6 gage cables to 4 gage if you hope to gain anything.........all 6 gage not just battery cables......................anywhere currant goes from 4 gage to 6 is a bottleneck so to speak..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car