lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #11
ZackMan
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Gold Cart on F-250 Tailgate?

I read on this forum that backing a golf cart (electric) in helps to put more weight toward the middle of the truck bed. Electrics are heavier than gassers; therefore, a better distribution of weight is a goal.

ZackMan
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #12
Ronniek
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
I have a shortbed Silverado and my tires sit on the tailgate also.
I use two 8' 2X8s that I put in the bed, back down in the ditch and drive the cart in.
Been doing it for years and no issues. Just make sure the boards are long enough that the front wheels sit on them as well.
Thanks!
Ronniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #13
earl b
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a f-250 with a weatherguard tool box. I carried my cart from houston to the hill country in the back of the truck. I put 3 sheets of 1/2in plywood in the bed and did not have any problems I pulled the plywood back so they extended over the end of the tail gate about 6 inches. Backed down in a ditch and used ramps to load it so that it wouldn't be so steep when driving on. It is top heavy and gas mileage was bad.
earl b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

As Mentioned backing the cart into the truck does put the majority of the weight on the bed and not the gate but! ~ Careful you don't have a windshield on the cart...if you tow it backward the windshield will pop out.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #15
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
As Mentioned backing the cart into the truck does put the majority of the weight on the bed and not the gate but! ~ Careful you don't have a windshield on the cart...if you tow it backward the windshield will pop out.

Also, most cart seats fold forward for service but Yamaha is the only one I know of that latches and is secure.
Strap your seats down when towing backwards, I do it both forward and backwards.
No matter how you tow or carry, be aware of plastic covers or parts that might blow off.
Or stuff (the key) left in the dash cubbies.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #16
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was putting a riding lawn in the back of my 250 and I ended up flipping the lawn mower. I bought a trailer the next day.
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #17
Ronniek
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
I was putting a riding lawn in the back of my 250 and I ended up flipping the lawn mower. I bought a trailer the next day.
Steve
Ronniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car