lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2008, 05:43 AM   #1
Cuz
Gone Wild

Default 1983 Club Car

Is a 1983 Club Car a good year for a lifted project cart? I can get one for $800 and it has newer batteries in it.. Seats have covers over so I assume they are trashed.

Anything in particular I should pay attention to when going to look at this cart?

I see on another thread that the lifts have to be modified on a 1980, is it the same on a 1983?

Thanks for any help
Cuz
Cuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2008, 07:41 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1983 Club Car

This cart fall into the '82 & up DS category. It is a 5 solenoid 36v cart. replacement parts and lift kits and aftermarket parts are readily available. Pull the battery out of each side and look at the amount of corrosive rot on the battery support rails....They always need repair. Unfortunatly with their aluminum frames not everyone can weld in the needed repairs to these carts. But repair is seldom needed and the lightweight frame makes this a good electric cart choice. You can buy 3/4" aluminum angle and use small bolts to attach it upside down under the existing support. (installing it underneath allows the battery to sit level) Make sure to mark wires or photograph before removal. Clean all battery trays with water and baking soda to neutralize the acid........
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:12 AM   #3
Cuz
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This cart fall into the '82 & up DS category. It is a 5 solenoid 36v cart. replacement parts and lift kits and aftermarket parts are readily available. Pull the battery out of each side and look at the amount of corrosive rot on the battery support rails....They always need repair. Unfortunatly with their aluminum frames not everyone can weld in the needed repairs to these carts. But repair is seldom needed and the lightweight frame makes this a good electric cart choice. You can buy 3/4" aluminum angle and use small bolts to attach it upside down under the existing support. (installing it underneath allows the battery to sit level) Make sure to mark wires or photograph before removal. Clean all battery trays with water and baking soda to neutralize the acid........
I think I just scored a pretty darn good deal. The cart was well taken care of and the rails under the batteries are aluminum.. Matter of fact, I cant find any rust on it at all, which is going to make disassembling much easier.. The body has a few scuffs but thats about it. All 5 solonoids are firing and it has alot of torque but its still pretty slow so thats one issue that will need to be addressed. Now I'm off to find a lift for it and welcome any suggestions and/or links.

Thanks Cuz

P.S. Feel free to mve this thread into the proper "Elect Club Car" catagory.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:15 AM   #4
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Congratulations on your cart. It's a great year for lots of mods. Have fun with it.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:22 AM   #5
Cuz
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by azboo View Post
Congratulations on your cart. It's a great year for lots of mods. Have fun with it.

Boo
Boo, your cart has a nice stance to it, what size lift and tires do you have?

Thanks
Cuz
Old 07-25-2008, 06:34 AM   #6
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

It's about a 5 in. lift. Tires, I'll have to look and see which ones those are. I have a couple of sets. And thank you. It's all getting changed to A-arms and coil overs in the next month or so though. I would like a little more height than it has right now.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #7
Boyd
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I recently traded a broken down four-wheeler for an 83 clubcar. I am glad to hear the good news about this year cart as I was worried since my wiring is screwed up.
Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car