lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
texas skeeter
Not Yet Wild

Default Making a 2007 48v faster?

My neighbor just picked up a nice conditioned Yamaha 2007 48v PDA he was told. It has the tow button under the seat, the forward/reverse switch on the dash and a little connector just hanging above the batteries just dangling there. the seller stated this cart has the capability of supposedly using a PDA to turn up/tweak the speed faster. Is this possible and if so how or using what device/program? it currently does approx 15mph cause we raced each other HaHa....Oh and he lost!!
texas skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Making a 2007 48v faster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas skeeter View Post
My neighbor just picked up a nice conditioned Yamaha 2007 48v PDA he was told. It has the tow button under the seat, the forward/reverse switch on the dash and a little connector just hanging above the batteries just dangling there. the seller stated this cart has the capability of supposedly using a PDA to turn up/tweak the speed faster. Is this possible and if so how or using what device/program? it currently does approx 15mph cause we raced each other HaHa....Oh and he lost!!
The little connector (dangling) is what you plug an infered reader to, with a PDA that has Yamaha softwear, it can read the comutor and alow the regen setting to be adjusted to gain or lower speed (when regen kicks in). I'ts probably already at its highest setting because stock would be 10 to 12 mph for golf course useage. Your freind also has the option of buying a PTV code form a Yamaha Dealer. When input into the controller, it can reach 19 mph. But it must have lites installed to purchase the code. Hope that helped alittle.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
texas skeeter
Not Yet Wild

Yes Sir that helped ALOT SB!! now how much on avg do those PTV codes run? and we've both already ordered light kits for our carts. thanx TS
Old 07-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

80-90 bucks for the code, it has to be ordered specifically for your cart by its serial number. and must be installed by a dealer, because the PDA software is not available to anyone but dealers. It will make your cart go 19mph.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
texas skeeter
Not Yet Wild

Thanx CG, I love this place....."What a Country" in my best Russian accent....
Old 07-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

If you catch the "bug", and can live without regen. i have a working prototype capable of at least 28 mph, motor and controller upgrade required (400-800 amp optional). have not tried it on a lifted cart yet, building these for the street and hilly courses. will be a kit soon.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #7
texas skeeter
Not Yet Wild

Update..... i found a local dealer for my neighbor here in DFW. He has purchased the "PTV" code for 150$ having given them his cart and controller S#'s. The code will be avail in 5 days. Then he needs to take em the cart to program it/test it and pay another 75$/1-hr labor. We shall see how it goes. They stated he should get it up to 19mph, so we shall see.....
Old 07-17-2012, 01:46 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

That code can be installed in 3 mins.- 1.0hr labor, that sucks. if they properly install the code, it will go 19 but the program can do no more than that. i have done many.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

check out the fun im having on that 800amp series conversion i did on a drive!!! LOL TOO FUNNY!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #10
eltesoro1
Not Yet Wild

does doubling the speed double the rate the batteries discharge? are there any long term effects or any additional equipment needed?
eltesoro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha