lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2012, 12:25 AM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Making a 2007 48v faster?

Q1 = Generally, yes
Q2 = yes, all new cables, new motor, 3 new Extra-HD relays, and full understanding of how the OEM system 'used to' work. its new performance will likely mean shorter battery lifespan. if I could get the plug, it could be a plug-n-play reality now. I only had a few plugs, and they are gone. :(
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #12
cmar143
Gone Wild

How do you integrate aftermarket controllers that are set up for either 0-5k or 5-0K with the Drive since there is nothing out yet real powerful and is plug and play with the Drive current throttle config?
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #13
cgtech

Yamaha

YDRE uses 0-5volt throttle, it gets electricky!!! you have to make a 5v reference voltage. When building a series setup, i add two relays in a "flip-flop" configuration, like on a G-1 or ParCar to achieve forward and reverse.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #14
cmar143
Gone Wild

Whats the ohms rating on the throttle? Alltrax controllers, at least the current ones on the market now are not plug in play with the Drive because there regen controllers are not setup with the throttle of the Drive...at least thats what I was told by the reps at Alltrax. From what I understand Alltrax will be out with a controller in 2013 that is compatible with the Drive. So the series carts below 2007 that you are talking about making faster?
Old 12-25-2012, 12:19 AM   #15
cgtech

Yamaha

Yamaha hasn't made a series cart since the G-16E (1996???) everything G-19 and newer is 'sepex'. YDRE is 0-5 volt ,not an ohms based throttle. if you take a ydre throttle sensor and try to ohm it, you will find that you don't get any usable ohm readings (it is what is called a non-contact potentiometer). alltrax spm series controller does support 0-5volt (axe too). I put a series motor and controller In the Drive, it can go over 25mph without gears. if you do some research you too can discover the way of the force, but unfortunately the yamaha factory service manual still calls it a 0-5k ohm throttle. trust me, its not 0-5k. even yamaha will admit their error in their manual if you call their service guys (just a hint, if you call them and tell them this is what you are trying to do, they may hang up on you). i have put the dcx in a drive sepex motor system, but it is not officially supported and may void your alltrax warranty(0-5volt selection not selectable in the programming software on a dcx) so I can't really suggest you trying to run a dcx. I am still trying to make this into a marketable plug and play kit, so I can't tell every secret. but it would be on the market now if I could get the plug to make it plug-n-play. I hate to hack a harness on a working cart, plus hacking it would make it not user friendly for installation or future troubleshooting.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #16
cmar143
Gone Wild

You said in your post above "when building a series setup I always add 2 relays in flip flop config" so thats why I thought you were talking series. If the throttle works off of volts and not ohms then how could any Alltrax DCX work? My Drive is already doing 25mph with GE 500A and Roadrunner motor but I would like to get it faster and thats why I am looking at my options now. Alltrax says they will have a line of controllers out in Jan 2013 that are YDRE plug and play but I wonder why they never mentioned the SPM. I have never used one but I heard they are pretty high powered. As soon as they hear it has a 26 pin connector they immediately say its not compatible.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

your 'roadrunner' is about maxed at 25 mph
Old 12-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #18
cmar143
Gone Wild

What motor/controller combo can put me close to 35mph?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:37 AM   #19
cgtech

Yamaha

With stock rearend gears, i dont know of any combo that will get 35mph while not seriously over-rpming the motor. i have tried hi-speed gears, but, hi-speed gears should not be used in hilly areas, its very hard on motors.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #20
cmar143
Gone Wild

With a gear kit do you think I will lose much low end torque with my setup? I'm afraid of the beating the controller will take starting out from a stop everytime.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha