lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
oldcoleman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Drive 48volt batteries

just gotta 08 drive and the batteries (Trogan) are worn out- 2 will charge to 12.3
1-12.1 , 1-11.8 -have read were 6-8volts are better, do they mak a kit to convert- if not, any suggestons on how to convert- orjust stick with 4/12v
oldcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Drive 48volt batteries

Most all of the 48v/12v batt carts have the problem of short run time and very costly batts that in some cases only last 3 yrs,The fix is converting to 8 volts,there is a kit for the CC DS,there are threads here on converting CC Precident,I don't know if any for a Yamaha.Info over here on the Yami side is a little slow comming but it will come,I'm sure it's been done cause it is a common problem. Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
Courtesycartguy227
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

As far as I know there isn't a kit to convert it to hold 6- 8 volts. Yamaha did change back to 6 - 8 volts in 2012 carts. I had a customer ask if we could change his. All you would have to do is change the floor pan (yamaha calls it the Footrest) with the 2012 footrest. This is the part that the batteries sit on it cost about $150. Option #2 You do have space in the center to fabricate a way to put two batteries there.
Courtesycartguy227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

8 volt batts will fit without modification just will need new (longer) battery cables. two batts on each side like factory then two batts in the center. The 8 volts give more runtime they are better batteries and they cost less.
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I can post a pic of the setup tomorrow in the am
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
oldcoleman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the response You guys are great. Will keep you posted on my progress
oldcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtesycartguy227 View Post
As far as I know there isn't a kit to convert it to hold 6- 8 volts. Yamaha did change back to 6 - 8 volts in 2012 carts. I had a customer ask if we could change his. All you would have to do is change the floor pan (yamaha calls it the Footrest) with the 2012 footrest. This is the part that the batteries sit on it cost about $150. Option #2 You do have space in the center to fabricate a way to put two batteries there.
Courtesy, there is an available "kit" but it's really expensive and another tech freind (very knowledgable, years with Yamaha) said it took him hour's because of presice cutting needed. I looked into the new floor pan switch also, but the JW9 frames are differant then JW2's and then theres the upgraded pedal assy frame work also. Maybe the 2 batteries in the middle are a better alternative. Sorry to be the tider of bad news Oldcoleman.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha