lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
Garbear
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Melex 252 resistor speed control electrical problem

Arin, I think I may have over compensated but you should be able to find one that will work. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the help.
Garbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #12
Garbear
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Arin try going here. http://s1229.photobucket.com/user/Gary_Crain/profile/
Old 03-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #13
Garbear
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

ddd

Last edited by Garbear; 03-28-2013 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: delete
Old 03-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #14
Garbear
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Try this http://s1229.photobucket.com/user/Gary_Crain/profile/[/URL]
Old 03-29-2013, 02:07 AM   #15
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

OK took a look at the pics, from what I am seeing the only thing you need to do is take the black cable that is on the solenoid and put the other end on the second pin of the swipe board. the same pin that has the #1 cable on it. (i noticed that the other cables to the coils were labeled 3 and 4 so i am assuming.) I would think about putting on the back side of the board, that way the pins are all level on the front where they swipe. they only other connection you need to do is on the coil at the opposite end where cable #4 connects to the end of the coil pack. connect on end there and the other on the FNR switch @ the 6 o'clock position. the diagram should show you the rest of the connections. it looks like the pins you have are pretty clean. If you are going to do this, I would look at upgrading the cables to 4 or 2 gauge at least for better reliability and power delivery. also what I would do if it were me is to shorten up the excess cable length on the wires going to the micro switches and the back up buzzer.

Hope that helps. if you need more let me know.

if you get a chance, take a look at my 2 builds. they may give you some help and tips.

Arin
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #16
Garbear
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Okay because of my friend Bumblebee I'm finally starting to make some progress. You can see more pics on my album.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 038.jpg (192.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #17
Garbear
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Okay, I have something wrong but what?
It goes to high speed as soon as it comes off dead spot. It declines in speed as the speed lever moves farther back from the dead spot.

It comes on with or without the key.

Hey but at least it comes on, huh?

I'm already uploaded pics to my album and will upload pics to my photo bucket shortly. http://s1229.photobucket.com/user/Gary_Crain/profile/
HELP!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #18
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Gary. you are off by one pin.

In this pic you have the have the cable on pin 2. go to the right one more. that will fix the full speed then slow down. it should build speed all the way across.

let me check the key thing.

Oh BTW saw some of the other pics on photo bucket, Sucks what happened to the Plymouth! Were you able to fix it or was it a total loss?

Arin
Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #19
Garbear
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Okay I'll move it one to the right but isn't that the dead pin? To late to do it tonight but I'll let you know how that works out tomorrow. Almost ready to put primer and then paint on the body. I had some candy apple red left over and that's what will go on the body probably next week.
You're right about the Plymouth it was a total loss. It was the first cruz night of the year and we didn't even make it half way. My wife cried like a baby! Me too almost. The insurance finally paid off and we bought another one. The yellow one that's also on the sight. It was kind of a dog with a 305 motor so I put a 412 cu in small block in it and used it last summer. I am almost ready to start putting paint on the car (hate that yellow). I'll post some other pics on photo bucket to show you how torn down the car is.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #20
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

it is. but that is how they have it wired. not quite sure why. mine is that way too. I know the EZ GO I am working on is set up like yours is now but it doesn't go full speed.verify that the coils are connected like they were in the pic and you don't have anything jumping power past the coils. To be safe make sure you have this thing on jack stand before you put power to it incase anything goofy were to happen.

As far as the Plymouth it does suck. any idea what caused the fire? were you able to save anything from it? the wheels and suspension would have been cool for the new one.

I am interested to see how it looks now. I love anything mechanical esp. hot rods, custom and trucks.!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex