lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2017, 02:48 PM   #71
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvst.tech View Post
Awesome...impatience strikes again. So, did I smoke the OBC now too?
Not only You did not damage anything but You also found the problem

The SCR inside the OBC has failed and it is preventing the charging current to flow to the batteries.

The OBC needs to be replaced.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #72
pcvst.tech
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Ha!, ok... I hooked up the receptacle just as you described, and the charger is working now, ammeter pegged all the way over. I'm here for another hour before I split for the weekend, good to let it charge an hour?
pcvst.tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:57 PM   #73
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvst.tech View Post
Ha!, ok... I hooked up the receptacle just as you described, and the charger is working now, ammeter pegged all the way over. I'm here for another hour before I split for the weekend, good to let it charge an hour?
You can let it charge all the way up to 60v, it will likely not get that high in 1 hour.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:05 PM   #74
dudeseriously
Not Yet Wild

Hi. I have an '03 Club Car DS 48v that I just purchased. I replaced all 6 batteries with 8v Crowns and it runs great. However, after plugging it in to the charger, I was getting zero charge. No clicks, hums...nothing. So after reading through the last 8 pages of this forum, I found that my OBC is not working properly due to the following findings:
1) No voltage received on charger relay test after plugging into cart's receptacle and putting a multi-meter on the blue/red wires
2) Bypassing OBC (receptacle's black and gray wires ran to battery neg allowed charger to kick on immediately at 13-14 amps.)

This sounds like most people's issue as well. Which leads to the question "Do I replace the OBC, or do I purchase a new charger that bypasses the OBC?"

I'm leaning towards a charger. Since my current charger is still good, I think I'll throw it on Craigslist and use the funds to put towards a new charger. My question for you all is what charger do you recommend??? I'm looking at the DPI Accusense or one of the Lester models, but open to any/all suggestions.

Thank you all for lending your knowledge!

PS. On a side note, does anyone know of an online "junkyard" of used golf cart parts? (i.e. used OBCs?)
dudeseriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:08 PM   #75
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You answered it correctly with a DPI accusense. Save yourself some time and money and use one of the site sponsors here so you get service before and after the sell. Revolution Golf Cars - David Hicks or Carts Unlimited - scottyb.

You will have a hard time finding a good used one. Cart places hold onto them for their own needs as a service replacement. If you had one, I would tell you use it, but if you have to buy one new and will only have to add a couple of $'s and get the best charger out there, it is a no brainer. I do like having my OBC and like my PD3 charger, but if I lose my OBC, I will probably go the OBC removal and DPI replacement, but not before as it just does not make good economic sense.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:54 PM   #76
Chris407
Not Yet Wild

I have a 98 CC Ds 48v. The charger comes out for about ten minutes and then cuts off, I've checked all battery my connections and the red wire running from the charger receptacle. Any advice on what to check next?
Chris407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:07 AM   #77
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I would bypass the OBC first and see if it works/charges correctly without cutting off. Then if it does, you know your OBC has an issue and needs to be replaced. If it is the same, then you can open your charger up and start troubleshooting with the various test methods you will find beginning in this thread.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:23 PM   #78
mark munoz
Not Yet Wild

my charger want charge to 0 it stays between 7 to 10
when I ride my cart I can go about 3 miles and it dies.
I tried reset OBC and still no difference. I have new batteries. light blinks all the time except when I am charging it.
mark munoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:02 PM   #79
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark munoz View Post
my charger want charge to 0 it stays between 7 to 10
when I ride my cart I can go about 3 miles and it dies.
I tried reset OBC and still no difference. I have new batteries. light blinks all the time except when I am charging it.
Please start a new thread with this problem. We need information on your cart.

Serial number to start. What is voltage of batteries after charge wait over night to take voltage reading. How long does it take for the charger to turn off.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #80
mark munoz
Not Yet Wild

1997 club cart
48 v
A9741-613476
batteries are saying they are full charged. the cart starts off driving like normal we get down the road and it gets slower and slower you can let off accelerator and it gets a little faster then if you mash down it starts shaking a little and gets slower.i have tried to by pass obc but it doesn't help.
mark munoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car