lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #41
FromTheTips
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G1 muffler BBQ; Hot Pics!

Does anyone know the correct premix for a 92 ezgo? When I was a kid, 32:1 was the correct mix for my Yamy 2-strokers, but I have heards number up to 128:1. The cart runs good, fast and starts right up cold (50 degrees outdoor temp) . I want to get rid of the oil injection BEFORE it breaks.
FromTheTips is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2011, 04:00 AM   #42
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheTips View Post
Does anyone know the correct premix for a 92 ezgo? When I was a kid, 32:1 was the correct mix for my Yamy 2-strokers, but I have heards number up to 128:1. The cart runs good, fast and starts right up cold (50 degrees outdoor temp) . I want to get rid of the oil injection BEFORE it breaks.
im not sure about your EZ but my G1 i mix between 75:1 and 80:1 and have never had a problem
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #43
jtizzle
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Ok, i keep reading about people mixing gas for the g1. Should I be doing this or not? I want to depend on the oil pump but after reading about all of the people mixing I'm getting worried. Is there a way to tell if the oil pump is working....other than the engine locking up?
jtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #44
Yamaha_G1
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtizzle View Post
Ok, i keep reading about people mixing gas for the g1. Should I be doing this or not? I want to depend on the oil pump but after reading about all of the people mixing I'm getting worried. Is there a way to tell if the oil pump is working....other than the engine locking up?
This helped me when testing the oil injection. (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...tml#post384529)

You can also put in a clear tube so you can see the oil flow; which I have read someone has done here....
Yamaha_G1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #45
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtizzle View Post
I think when injection pumps fail they fail wide open. Don't quote me on that but I know some do.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #46
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Many of these oil pumps are pretty old. If you premix your fuel there is no more guessing / hoping that the pump is working. IMO premix.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #47
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman71 View Post
OK i will weigh it and what about how it moves when u put the car in forward while it is trying to start, is that normal? And Thanks for the reply!!!!
mine does this too and i believe because my carts lifted it puts too much strain on the components and this is why the solenoid connections have completly burned up on one of my solenoids...I'm really sick of having to try to push start it while holding the pedal down... any advice?
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #48
Bigpoyter
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Muffler BBQ warmed up a cool evening
Will be interesting to see how performance changes when I reinstall !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Muffler BBQ.jpg (61.7 KB, 83 views)
Bigpoyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #49
panelbeatr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the great help & advice on muffler cooking guys!! I run our german shepard around the pasture and it is frustating to go half speed with her!! I'm planning to make a really hot fire tonight using very cured hedge wood.....
panelbeatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #50
fierypete
Not Yet Wild

Winter has definitely arrived on the east coast of Australia, time for a muffler bbq.
fierypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha