lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2015, 10:46 AM   #11
swatguy654
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1999 CC slower after new batterues

Sorry it so long to respond but I've had the grand kids, but my cart runs in reverse just as fast (or slow) however you look at it, as it forward.
My grand daughter even asked as to why my cart is slower.
swatguy654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Look closely at micro switch #3 in the wiring diagram below to make sure the wires are in the correct place.

That switch adds a "resistor" in line with the throttle signal in order to limit the maximum speed in reverse.

You can disconnect the Green and the White wires from the switch #3 and connect them together to make sure the switch is not the problem.

Wiring Diagram for Reference
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:16 PM   #13
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

Swatguy, when I first upgraded my cart from 36 to 48v I was really disappointed at how my cart was running slower and in my case new something was wrong. Before I ripped into to things I checked the batteries under a load and sure as heck, I had one brand new battery that would drop out after I took off. Returned and replaced the battery & Boom, it ran like I expected.
i would not rule out a bad battery.
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:14 PM   #14
swatguy654
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks everybody, I will try micro switch #3, and load test the batteries, but excuse my ignorance but how do "load test" the batteries?
Old 11-23-2015, 07:45 PM   #15
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatguy654 View Post
thanks everybody, I will try micro switch #3, and load test the batteries, but excuse my ignorance but how do "load test" the batteries?
An easy way to load test is to get battery pack voltage readings while you are asking the cart to do some heavy work such as hill climbing or towing a car in netrual with the parking brake lightly set so it is not easy to roll. Just don't stall the motor. With fully charged batteries on a 48 volt system you don't want to see your LOADED voltage drop much if any below 42 volts unless the hill is steep or the load is very heavy... If you find your voltage questionable repeat these test by hooking the multi-meter to one battery at a time till you find the weak battery.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 03:51 PM   #16
swatguy654
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I load tested the batteries up hill with my grandson and me in the cart and fully charged voltage dropped to 46.2.

What now?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car