lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2017, 12:42 PM   #1
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Default Ausco Disc Brake Tip

I ordered a set of Ausco disc brakes a while back for my build. I was stuck on it for a while because I didn't know how to attach the brake extender(still don't) and it seemed no one here knew either as I didn't get a valid response on my post.

I ordered a passenger side cable for the drivers side since the driver side didn't fit. It ended up being to long and literally hung to the floor. I called Ausco and asked them about the brake extender and they had no clue what I was talking about. In the end they recommended I rotate the rotor mount. They said doing so it will only attach with 3 bolts rather than 4 but it wont be an issue.

Anyways the fit is much better so I figured I would share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NLaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2017, 01:24 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Ausco Disc Brake Tip

Neal, Club Car recently released a new driver's side brake cable specifically for lifted carts. It's a couple inches longer than the stock one.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:16 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good to know TD. Also the extender shown sitting on the frame rail slips over the (front) cable end (shown) before the cable is seated in the frame bracket. This basically extends the sheath. I found some extenders need to be drilled out for the cable end to fit through (Ezgo).

I wonder who you spoke to at Ausco. The extender is shown in their install instruction.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:17 PM   #4
HBR
Gone Wild

What is the outside diameter of that rotor?
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:43 PM   #5
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Tahoe, that is good to know but I think I am going to stick with this for now. I like the angle it moved the brake line to.

ScottyB, that is the issue I had with mine. The cable ends wouldn't fit through the hole and I didn't think I would need to modify them. Not sure who I spoke to. started out talking a nice lady who transferred me to someone with more knowledge on the subject. He then went through the manual with me and agreed it mentioned nothing about extenders. Then he called someone who had more knowledge on the topic who didn't know anything about brake extenders but told me to angle the bracket and use 3 screws rather than four.

HBR, it is right about 7.5 inches

Old 02-22-2017, 02:45 PM   #6
HBR
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLaudy View Post
HBR, it is right about 7.5 inches

Thanks
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #7
rib33024

Didn't know you could bolt them like that
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:05 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I hope you used locktite. I'm not sold on 3 out of 4 bolts on a brake caliper mount as recommended by a guy who could not advise on a simple cable extender. I love these brakes but the problem with Ausco is they are a huge manufacture for really heavy equipment brakes and only 1 or 2 techs know anything about the cart brakes.
Keep an eye on those bolts.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:11 PM   #9
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I hope you used locktite. I'm not sold on 3 out of 4 bolts on a brake caliper mount as recommended by a guy who could not advise on a simple cable extender. I love these brakes but the problem with Ausco is they are a huge manufacture for really heavy equipment brakes and only 1 or 2 techs know anything about the cart brakes.
Keep an eye on those bolts.
I was thinking the same thing, 3 Bolts
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:41 PM   #10
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Default Ausco Disc Brake Tip

It sounds like you guys have no sense of excitement! If down hill and no brakes doesn't do it for you... I don't know what to say! Lol

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car