lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
Lightshade
Not Yet Wild

Default Reverse Buzzer On When Charging

Newbie here...

So, I have 2005 Club Car Precedent 48V. It runs fine, near as I can tell. When it rolls, the buzzer lets you know so the speed sensor seems to work. The ignition, batteries, reverse buzzer, and F/R Switch are all brand new and seem to function appropriately. Took a new OBC and tested it, still the same issues. Charger turns on and off appropriately as near as I can tell. It charges the batteries fine.

The car buzzer sounds faintly every now and then while driving or just sitting still and off. When it is charging, the reverse buzzer turns on full volume while plugged in. Sometimes when it is unplugged, we don't hear the reverse buzzer at all, but its always on when charging. This cart was left outside over the winter before we got ahold of it and there was a mouse house in the middle under the seat between the batteries where the OBC/Motor Controller/Solenoid/etc are located. The resistor for the solenoid looked a big ragged and got a bit of a patch job. With the solenoid working just fine, though, and the cart driving...it didn't seem like a problem.

Aside from the buzzing, though, everything seems to work fine. It drives fine. Voltages are fine.

Motor Controller?

If so, is it worth replacing if the cart seems to be running fine aside from the annoying buzzing?

Some mild wire short somewhere?
Lightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2018, 04:37 PM   #2
Lightshade
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Reverse Buzzer On When Charging

I've been slowly going through this cart checking wires and terminals. Haven't found a smoking gun, yet. Will keep looking, I suppose.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:15 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

It could be something with the white and blue wires on the harness side of the OBC connector (or one of the others). That is the lockout circuit to the controller from the OBC and if you already tried another OBC out, that rules out the wires there, but if the wires were chewed or frayed through the insulation on the harness side, they me be shorting to another wire as it is only active (buzzing) while charging.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:24 PM   #4
Lightshade
Not Yet Wild

It sometimes does it intermittently while sitting and driving, leading me to believe that it is something worn/chewed somewhere, possibly. I'll go over those wires you suggested extra good and see if I find anything.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:31 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You will have to peel back the harness to see them good. Follow them to the controller.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:57 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check to make sure the 16ga red wire on the Solenoid big post is on the Battery side of the Solenoid.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:33 PM   #7
Lightshade
Not Yet Wild

You can see the mice even chewed on the original OBC. That whole central area was solidly full of mouse house from the foam of some seat cushion when it was first opened up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180617_160253.jpg (249.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Lightshade; 06-19-2018 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: Clarification.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:04 PM   #8
Lightshade
Not Yet Wild

Alright, still haven't figured this out. Took the entire cart apart, cleaned out everything, polished up every terminal and followed every wire. Put it back together. Still the same.

Noticed that when the F-N-R switch is toggled, the sound changes IF the sound is on. The sound being on is still a random thing unless the charger is plugged in. The buzzer is full on with charger. In reverse, loudest which makes sense. In Forward, second loudest. In Neutral....quietest, but still making sound.

It does not always make the sound. Terminal voltages are fine. F-N-R switch was replaced with same issue after replacement.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:16 AM   #9
Lightshade
Not Yet Wild

Some voltages I got this morning with the charger unplugged and the buzzer making noise...

The "Variable" voltages of the Battery Indication Terminals in the dash ranged from 0.0 to 21.2V and bounced all over continually.
Attached Images
File Type: png Troubleshooter_1JUL2018_AM.png (5.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-01-2018, 01:20 PM   #10
Lightshade
Not Yet Wild

So, the "variable" voltages went away while the harnesses were unplugged and the vehicle was in "Tow" mode. When I hooked everything back up again, the Buzzer was on full sound and the voltages on the Battery Dash Indicator were 0.0 Volts.

When I engaged the N-F-R switch and moved the cart, the voltages on the Battery Dash indicator went back to their erratic readings of all over the place.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car