lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2019, 12:54 PM   #1
fishbones
Getting Wild

Default Only 80% throttle after motor upgrade

Installed my new rear axle with spiders welded and D&D high torque motor today. Hooked up the laptop to my SR48500 controller and noticed on the monitor tab that my throttle was only reaching 81%. Tried adjusting several speed and torque curves with no change. Anyone see this before?
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Only 80% throttle after motor upgrade

You could have an MCOR issue.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:27 PM   #3
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

Before you do anything else, clear the auto-cal in the toolkit software and check the throttle percentage again. If you still don’t get 100%, check the throttle resistance with an Ohm meter for full travel. You should get an idea of what’s going on. HTH.
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:54 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you look at the throttle linearization chart and see that the curve rises to 80% and is flat to 100% you may need to select the "Absolute Throttle" setting and go through the cal.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:58 PM   #5
fishbones
Getting Wild

Thanks guys for the ideas. I tweaked the linearization curve some, it was going to 100%, I changed it so throttle is wide open at 80% which seems to have worked. Still getting a lot of jerky throttle though, been messing with different torque and speed curves to try and get it smoother.

One thing I did notice on the alltrax toolkit monitor tab, the highest max amps I seen was 131, seems low considering I have all HD components and 500 amp controller.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:03 PM   #6
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
If you look at the throttle linearization chart and see that the curve rises to 80% and is flat to 100% you may need to select the "Absolute Throttle" setting and go through the cal.
It was set to 100%, I changed it to peak at 85% which would give me 100% throttle. I also cleared the auto cal first with no change. Running good but jerky.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:19 PM   #7
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you ever get around to selecting Absolute Throttle be sure to change the settings to: Single ended for a 3 wire setup and Normal 0-5k. Also put it up on blocks at least for the first time. Put the cart in neutral when calibrating. I selected 5k-0 the first time I tried it and the cart tried to take off wide open.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:01 PM   #8
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Installed my new rear axle with spiders welded and D&D high torque motor today. Hooked up the laptop to my SR48500 controller and noticed on the monitor tab that my throttle was only reaching 81%. Tried adjusting several speed and torque curves with no change. Anyone see this before?

Just curious, what cart are we working on? If this a DS as Htownblue assumed with the MCOR; per TahoeDawg, you will need a piece of 1/4" fuel hose about 1" long and that will most likely make your problem go away. The linkage is most likely worn and this will take the slop out of the pedal. The slop will prevent you from getting maximum from MCOR. The piece of hose will go on one of the posts on the rod flange where the red circle is.

After all that, hopefully it is a DS.

Thank you TahoeDawg.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DS MCOR Upgrade kit.jpg (94.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by PingEye3; 04-08-2019 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: added info
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #9
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Just curious, what cart are we working on? If this a DS as Htownblue assumed with the MCOR; per TahoeDawg, you will need a piece of 1/4" fuel hose about 1" long and that will most likely make your problem go away. The linkage is most likely worn and this will take the slop out of the pedal. The slop will prevent you from getting maximum from MCOR. The piece of hose will go on one of the posts on the rod flange where the red circle is.

After all that, hopefully it is a DS.

Thank you TahoeDawg.
Thanks for the info. It is a 94 DS series cart with V-glide, no MCOR.
Kart is completely upgraded except for the v-glide which is still stock.
AllTrax SR 48500, 2 gauge cables, reversing contactor, HD solenoid, D&D high torque motor.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:55 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you are feeling the jump from step to step in the Vglide reducing the throttle ramp rate will soften the effect. You might want to collect a monitor file and post it here for the guys to take a look at.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car