lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2020, 11:34 AM   #11
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: PD plus battery algorithm?

After it shuts off it monitors the voltage and comes back on when it needs too...It doesn't float charge if that's what you mean but you can leave it plugged in...I have a 48v trickle charger and will connect it after the eric shuts off especially if I'm not going to use the cart for a while..It helps to keep the plates from sulfating...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2020, 12:30 PM   #12
ClubCar86
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks like 256 is OK per Delta-Q email I just received:

Quote:
Both algorithms 256 and 31 are Club Car specific algorithms designed for the batteries that come with the cart, so either one will work just fine.
ClubCar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:01 PM   #13
Catmando
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I was running 256 but the charger kept boiling the batteries, I have since tried 7 & 11. Seems like no matter what I do It keeps boiling over. Anyone have any recommendations?
Catmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 12:32 PM   #14
Catmando
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Still having issues....so much so that the tie down bolts rotted causing white powder to drop on the floor. Anyone have any insight on this or have the 31 algorithm handy?
Old 12-23-2020, 12:58 PM   #15
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

If you have a 2017 Precedent those PD+ batteries are probably about done...They are a low end battery that CC puts in their carts and 3 yrs is about it sad to say...... I have a 2017 and just replaced them with Trojans...Day and night difference...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 06:23 PM   #16
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
Still having issues....so much so that the tie down bolts rotted causing white powder to drop on the floor. Anyone have any insight on this or have the 31 algorithm handy?
The reason the Club Car ERIC has the 31 algorithm is they are a special JCI designed (only 135Ah) battery specifically for CC. If you contact their customer support, they can email it to you. Preferably, change over the to the 71 algorithm and it should be better. I have two (2) 2017's with PD+'s and I use the 71 for that reason. See below from Delta-Q.

Xavier Duque (Delta-Q Technologies Corp.)
Dec 15, 2019, 13:19 PST

Hi Nole,

The reason why you cannot find any info it's because this is algorithm is specifically designed for club car and available thru them. It's for their rebranded Club Car batteries. They are manufactured by JCI. Your battery should be 135Ah, and you can continue using algo 31. Please monitore the charge cycle. If you notice too much water loss from gassing, then it would be best you switch it to algo 71.

Best Regards,

Xavier Duque [Delta-Q Technologies Corp.]
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:12 AM   #17
Catmando
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
If you have a 2017 Precedent those PD+ batteries are probably about done...They are a low end battery that CC puts in their carts and 3 yrs is about it sad to say...... I have a 2017 and just replaced them with Trojans...Day and night difference...
Thanks, they are date stamped 2019 as i picked this up as an off lease.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:14 AM   #18
Catmando
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
The reason the Club Car ERIC has the 31 algorithm is they are a special JCI designed (only 135Ah) battery specifically for CC. If you contact their customer support, they can email it to you. Preferably, change over the to the 71 algorithm and it should be better. I have two (2) 2017's with PD+'s and I use the 71 for that reason. See below from Delta-Q.

Xavier Duque (Delta-Q Technologies Corp.)
Dec 15, 2019, 13:19 PST

Hi Nole,

The reason why you cannot find any info it's because this is algorithm is specifically designed for club car and available thru them. It's for their rebranded Club Car batteries. They are manufactured by JCI. Your battery should be 135Ah, and you can continue using algo 31. Please monitore the charge cycle. If you notice too much water loss from gassing, then it would be best you switch it to algo 71.

Best Regards,

Xavier Duque [Delta-Q Technologies Corp.]
Thanks, I give support a shot since the 71 did not work for me.
Old 12-28-2020, 10:25 AM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Algorithym #71 has a gentle finishing current @ 3.5 amps so it should cause less gassing.

Algorithm #7 finishing current is 9.3 amps, too high.

Algorithm #11 finishing current is 5 amps.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car