lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2019, 11:10 AM   #1
FSUNoles07
Not Yet Wild

Default Madjax Wiring Problems

Ive been searching the forum and have found there are other people out there that have had problems with wiring, so i know im not the only one.

I have a 2016 Precedent that i bought from an insurance auction, it was a theft recovery and the thieves had ripped out the dash to steal it. So basically i just need help identifying where all the wires go. It has turn signals, headlights, brake, horn and a 48-12v reducer. Im going to attach pictures, but i have the bucket harness installed in to the reducer, reducer to headlight harness, headlight harness to turn signal harness. What im confused with is the single wires coming out of these harnesses and where they go. They all seem to be female spade connectors and i dont see any male connectors. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg
FSUNoles07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2019, 07:17 PM   #2
FSUNoles07
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Madjax Wiring Problems

Bump. I can post some better pics if that helps anyone respond to this. The first pic is of the stock harness behind the ignition switch. The red wire has battery voltage approx. 49v. The 2nd pic is of the bucket harness going in to the voltage reducer. 3rd pic is of the headlight harness (what i believe to be headlight harness). 4th and 5th pics are of the turn signal/horn harness. Any thoughts on what these wires go to? Also, the cart has USB ports, what kind of voltage is needed for that? Im assuming battery voltage is too much and it needs to be 12v? Thanks.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:09 PM   #3
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

FSU: I think maybe the reason no one has replied yet is because what you are asking is almost impossible to ascertain from pictures. There are wiring diagrams (I'm pretty sure) for your cart in the stickies. Try looking here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html.

If I had your cart, I would first find the wiring diagram for my cart and then completely remove all wiring from the cart. This would give me the chance to clean things up and to match the OEM wires with the wiring diagram. What is left over will be from the add-on kit for headlights, blinkers, brake lights, etc. You'll then have to contact Madjax for the installation instructions of the kit. If you can't get the instructions from them, you'll just have to trace every wire and do a lot of documentation. A good DVM will be your best asset here.

Good luck. I know that this is probably more work than you bargained for but this is the type of work that most people on this forum thrive on. It will greatly help you in understanding what makes your cart work and therefore make your next repairs/upgrades that much easier.

P.S. '85 Nole here. You'll find quite a few of us on here.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:45 PM   #4
FSUNoles07
Not Yet Wild

I don't think what i was asking was too much to ascertain from the pictures. I can't be the only one with a Precedent and a Madjax kit. I really didn't have the hours to trace every single wire and i thought someone would have some quick knowledge on the subject. But, since i got no replies, i went ahead and figured out what i needed. Thanks anyway.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car