lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2019, 02:15 PM   #1
stonewolf2009
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 club car ds 48v surges

Hello all, my 99 cc ds 48v cart developed an issue last week. I had just returned the cart to a fellow coworker after replacing a tie rod end. Cart was running as it normally does. That coworker took his lunch and came back. He ran the cart from his camper to the office was still running normal. He was sent by the office to check a site (maybe 50 yards away). As soon as he pushed the gas pedal it was crawling slow. I towed him back to the shop and went through all the normal suspects. Batteries were at 50.4 volts hit the gas and it only dropped to 49.8. All batteries load tested and read all in the green. Checked cable and wire ends, all were good. Checked to see if the brakes were dragging. They werent. Then went to the mcor. The only thing i could visually see was the accelerator pivot rod was missing the piece that goes into the mcor. I replaced the pivot rod. I took it for a test drive and it was starting out at a crawl but would surge to full speed. I replaced the mcor with a brand new one. Took it out for a ride and it would go to full speed but then back to a crawl. I checked and toned all wires and found nothing else to be bad. Not sure where to go from here. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
stonewolf2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2019, 09:08 PM   #2
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 99 club car ds 48v surges

Sure sounds like a speed control signal problem.
Not sure how to test /measure your signal from mcor to
controller .
0-5k or 5k -0 ohms.
A Club car guru should chime in soon.
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car