lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2020, 05:16 PM   #21
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ride quality after going Lithium and dropping 300 Lbs. in cart weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
I was thinking along these lines, but thanks for clearly laying out mathematically exactly how it works out that way. I'm going to experiment a little...
Everybody will have different results due to diff. tires and terrain, but I dropped my tire pressure (street fox radials, 14x23) from 16 to 14 in the front, and from 18 to 16 in the rear and it made a noticeable difference. I didn't think I'd be able to tell with 2psi, but it was obviously less harsh right away.

I'd hope warmer weather might help soften up the rubber a little also as its still mid 50s here today. Have to wait a bit on that one though.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2020, 06:55 PM   #22
e2v
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Ride quality after going Lithium and dropping 300 Lbs. in cart weight

Following... just getting started with my Carryall 6 build. Decided to fab the new lithium batteries, under bed, same location as stock, to keep as much weight as possible over the leaf springs. Assuming it'll be bouncy as noted.

?? Anyone convert a "Carryall" to 14 module, ~120AH, Nissan Leaf? Would appreciate seeing/learning what was used for a box/tub under the carryall bed. thx
e2v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:09 PM   #23
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Has anybody noticed any difference in the ride with the increased center of gravity? Especially with a lifted cart?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:46 AM   #24
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Has anybody noticed any difference in the ride with the increased center of gravity? Especially with a lifted cart?
My factory lifted Onward 4 passenger corners very flat due to stiffness of suspension - have noticed no additional "lean".
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:24 PM   #25
DaveTM
Gone Wild

It's still difficult for me to say since I still have HD leaf's on the rear. I may as well have it all welded up like a "Hardtail" 'cause if I'm not cautious...my kidney's talk back to me!!

I do know that losing 400-lbs of cart weight makes a HUGE difference in hauling my cart in the bed of my F-150. Now I have to look back and see if the cart's actually there.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:43 PM   #26
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

I've noticed very little difference.
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:55 AM   #27
Dieselnut
Not Yet Wild

My 48V DS rode TERRIBLE at first when I swapped to lithium. I have a back seat and HD rear springs (with 4 leafs). It felt like it was going to buck me out when going over bumps.

I took the rear springs out, and removed 2 of the leafs. Had to cut down the center bolt that holds the pack together, but otherwise than that it was pretty straightforward.

It rides 100% better now. From what I can tell, it looks to be the same ride height now as it was before doing the lithium. It seemed a little high in the back after dropp 300 lbs.

Rides like factory now.
Dieselnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:09 AM   #28
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselnut View Post
My 48V DS rode TERRIBLE at first when I swapped to lithium. I have a back seat and HD rear springs (with 4 leafs). It felt like it was going to buck me out when going over bumps.

I took the rear springs out, and removed 2 of the leafs. Had to cut down the center bolt that holds the pack together, but otherwise than that it was pretty straightforward.

It rides 100% better now. From what I can tell, it looks to be the same ride height now as it was before doing the lithium. It seemed a little high in the back after dropp 300 lbs.

Rides like factory now.

I can do the same with my existing 4 leaf HD springs. But since shocks do the dampening I would think without the shocks the ride would be a bit springy.

Do you find your ride now a softer bounce?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:34 AM   #29
Dieselnut
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I can do the same with my existing 4 leaf HD springs. But since shocks do the dampening I would think without the shocks the ride would be a bit springy.

Do you find your ride now a softer bounce?
I kept my shocks the entire time so I can’t say how it rides without them. I would bet it would be slightly bouncy without them now.
Dieselnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:03 AM   #30
kraftzion
Not Yet Wild

I bought my cart(2 person precedent)about a month ago, it had THREE leaf springs in the rear. The lines in the sidewalk would knock your teeth loose. And that was with 4 12v lead acid batteries in it. The guy i got it from was using it to pull a 6x12 trailer around his property and apparently he LOADED it. I pulled 1 leaf spring and it was much better. Took a pebble to knock your teeth loose. In the last 3 days i added a steel box on back, pulled the 4 lead acid batterys, installed 2 7 module leaf packs,and just got done pulling another set of leaf springs. Just got back from my first ride and it is absolutely fantastic. I don't know but the 4 12 volt carts might have a softer leaf than some of the heavier carts .

My data
Lead acid batteries+steel bed-lithium ion packs
4x84+89-2×64=297 net loss
Oh and probably 30 lbs of $!#/@!! springs
kraftzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car