lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2020, 08:42 PM   #21
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT48 vs RXV

I have a 48 volt txt. I like the fact it’s a bit more easy to trouble shoot if having a problem. Manual mechanical brakes like a car. No computer. Basic dc system.
Something as a retired auto mechanic can troubleshoot and repair. Just my opinion😊
Kind of like being able to work on an older car opposed to working on a newer computer controlled car. Less technology involved with a txt.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2020, 09:30 AM   #22
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I've had my 2000 txt for twelve years now. (Man....that's a long time!) I purchased it from a cart shop in Louisiana and the guy did most mod's on it.

Since I purchased it I installed new tires, a Jakes front LT kit and Jakes front hydraulic brakes. I removed the rear seat floor extension, and did ordinary maintenance on the cart. I replaced the original 6 FLA's with 8 Trojan FLA's and after almost 6 years, went lithium.

The cart has been, with the help of these forum members, a learning curve for me.....but fortunately any "break" has been easy to DX and fix.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:26 PM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
I have a 48 volt txt. I like the fact it’s a bit more easy to trouble shoot if having a problem. Manual mechanical brakes like a car. No computer. Basic dc system.
Something as a retired auto mechanic can troubleshoot and repair. Just my opinion😊
Kind of like being able to work on an older car opposed to working on a newer computer controlled car. Less technology involved with a txt.
The exact same programming/diagnostic tool used on RXV is also used on TXT, which is strange since I just jearned TXT has no "computer".....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:19 PM   #24
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I've reprogrammed dozens of TXT48s for 5% more speed and 28% more torque. I guess I was not reprogramming a computer controlled cart either. LOL
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:27 PM   #25
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
If it were me I'd go TXT48. Stock it did fine. When you want more speed drop in the Alltrax 300 or 400.

I have a TXT48 with 23" tires, lithium pack and the Alltrax XCT300 (smallest one they sell) and I have my cart RPM limited to keep the speed under 30. With the lift and bigger tires the cart is really no fun to drive at 30 or more.

I understand that my cart on lithium is apples to oranges comparison, but I'd still go TXT48. Simpler design.
I am leaning hard this way. The E brake on RXV scares me because my kids are the main drivers of my cart, and they always find was to screw it up...
DoorKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:54 AM   #26
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Keep in mind that the RXV has no real "brakes" as you are accustomed to on the TXT, and is a downside of the RXV in native form if you intend to have it go faster than 16 mph. Stock settings will put you thru the windshield at high speeds. It's is a game that takes programming and compromise to find adequate settings for what you do, and then no promise that it will stop before you hit the tree.
Buggieman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:36 PM   #27
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorKicker View Post
The E brake on RXV scares me because my kids are the main drivers of my cart, and they always find was to screw it up...
I UNDERSTAND THAT! My kids are pretty good but I have to limit what the cart will do for them with the personality switch (and so far they haven't figured out how to lift the seat and flip the switch)...

I personally like that the motor and brakes are separate systems in the TXT.

If you need an AC drive then absolutely, the RXV is a great option.

If it were my nickels, the TXT does what I need and with the lithium conversion it's really nice. Especially with time the lithium battery prices keep coming down and options increasing.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:10 PM   #28
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Rest easy guys.
My intend was yes both use a controler/computer. But that txt has less electric functions in comparison. Example most can look at mechanical brakes and trouble shoot or fix if a problem compared to rxv. Stuck or frozen brake cable or adjuster,worn out shoes is in the realm of many of us compared to electric brake voltage checks pining out controler,ect.
Just feel it’s easier to work on for us diy’ers no harm insult meant😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:28 PM   #29
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have made up my mind. TXT48 it is. The RXV cart I was looking at just had the brake go out. They guy called me and said he was getting it fixed but the cart wouldn't be available until he could get it fixed... I think that was a sign

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

I am sure there are things I would like better with the RXV, but I feel the TXT48 is a better fit
DoorKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:09 AM   #30
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You won't be disappointed.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO