lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2020, 03:36 PM   #1
INTHEWINDTOO
Not Yet Wild

Default 03 ezgo txt pds alltrax codes

Okay, i got the alltrax xct today! Installed but is flashing a code 24 (high throttle under range) when placed in forward and a code 15 (motor field failure) when in reverse. Guy i got this cart from said he had replaced brushes and everything looked good in the motor. Any suggestions greatly appreciated
INTHEWINDTOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2020, 04:19 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 ezgo txt pds alltrax codes

Verify the XCT is set to EZGO ITS type throttle. (LED flashed four time upon power up)

Measure voltage between the black and white wires (C4 pins 3 & 4)
Should be 10V hen pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click and 6V when pedal is on floor.

Check the F1 & F2 cables for worn insulation.

Disconnect F1 & F2 cables from XCT and measure between then with an Ohmmeter. Should measure at least 1Ω to 2Ω.

FWIW: This error relates to the field windings and brushes are part of the armature circuit, so having good or bad brushes didn't cause this error.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:41 AM   #3
INTHEWINDTOO
Not Yet Wild

Checked insulation end to end and looks good, no cracks or rub throughs. Checked resistance and is steady at 1 ohm. Haven"t measured peDAL yet as i am worried about having to hook batteries back up and harming new controller. And yes it did flash 4 green before I tried first and stayed green after
Old 03-14-2020, 10:25 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That new Alltrax is nearly bombproof. It has reverse polarity protection for the input and for the output end. It has an internal voltage (spike) suppression diode.
One member drove the running cart through the ice and retrieved the submerged cart 1 day later. The cart still ran when it dried out.
Go ahead and hook it up and see what if any fault codes it throws on the status light.

If it throws the 1-5 code when you try to go turn the cart off, switch Run switch to Tow and disconnect the controller M- cable. Try the cart again, if the 1-5 code is gone the motor is most likely bad.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:46 AM   #5
INTHEWINDTOO
Not Yet Wild

okay I will try that! thanks Scotty for the fast delivery with the controller also! I will let ya know. also you mean the B- cable?
Old 03-14-2020, 11:15 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The B- stays attached, remove the M- cable only.

M- (Motor negative) terminal is next to the F2 terminal on the XCT. See attached schematic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT-PDS with regen diode.jpg (213.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:41 AM   #7
INTHEWINDTOO
Not Yet Wild

got ya, it does indicate motor is bad I guess I am searching, may have a hookup down the road for $100 on pds 36v motor and even 2 mx1206 for another $100(never hurts to have extras) Thanks guys for the help, will keep ya posted
Old 03-14-2020, 01:05 PM   #8
INTHEWINDTOO
Not Yet Wild

Well that motor deal fell thru. Next question, does anyone know if the armature is the same for pds as series?
Old 03-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTHEWINDTOO View Post
Well that motor deal fell thru. Next question, does anyone know if the armature is the same for pds as series?
No, they are not.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 01:35 PM   #10
INTHEWINDTOO
Not Yet Wild

Didn't think so but thanks for answering my dumb question. Look forward to getting more of the controllers thru you guys in the future!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO