lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2020, 06:07 AM   #1
cquester5@att.net
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax 500 XCT 2012 EZGO TXT 48V

I just completed installation of the Alltrax XCT controller and heavy duty 400 solenoid purchased from Scotty B.
Installation was not difficult following both the supplied instructions from Alltrax, but, More importantly those supplied by Scotty.
I had previously made up replacement battery cables using 2 AWG ( not to be confused with 2/0) welding cable.
Although not particularly difficult it took me a portion of 2 days to complete.....I'm 72 yrs old and it is already hot in South Florida.
Everything needed was supplied, controller, solenoid, 2 diodes, nuts bolts etc. It was necessary to extend 3 small solenoid wires as I used the solenoid bracket mount that attaches to the solenoid.
The bracket was not in my kit, but, Scotty B promptly shipped it out to me via Priority Mail.
My cart is used exclusively at my hunting lease in Georgia during deer hunting season. My cart would not climb moderately steep inclines in the woods and would experience a 3 to 4 mph speed reduction on slight inclines on hard roads to and from hunting areas. I have 23 inch all terrain tires and a lift kit. I also have welded up a custom folding ramp and hand winch on the rear to facilitate hauling a deer from the woods and spare tire carrier for the front.
Scotty turned the controller down for the stock motor and set it in "turf" mode to avoid neck breaking starts from a stop.
TEST RUN:
I had a hard time finding an inclines to test torque here in Miami, but, did find a steep 45° albeit short incline and the cart easily conquered it numerous times.
It easily climbed over the concrete curb onto the backside of my garage, which it would not previously do.
TOP SPEED:
Previously 18mph, now 22mph. Not needed for my application, but, nice by product. Also there was no noted speed drop on inclines on the road.
MOTOR TEMP:
I was a little worried about motor temp, but, using a laser temp gun the motor only registered 130° immediately after the test run. No worries there.

That's my full report, hope it is helpful to others.....many thanks to Scotty B!
Regards, Bill

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
cquester5@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2020, 09:42 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax 500 XCT 2012 EZGO TXT 48V

Looks like the stacking is wrong on what appears to be the main negative battery post.

The 2Ga cable ought to go on first, then heavy wire from the charger, then the other wires. In other words, the cable that carries the most amps ought to be in the most intimate contact with the battery terminal.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:05 AM   #3
cquester5@att.net
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Alltrax 500 XCT 2012 EZGO TXT 48V

Ok, thanx. That is easy enough to fix! It just seemed that 3/8" lock washer and nut would be tough on the rather thin 14 ga terminal rings
cquester5@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO