lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2020, 03:23 PM   #1
ozycart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2008 Precedent -- lug nuts/studs questions

I bought a set of new OEM take-off 10" wheels from an Onward.

If you look at this PDF, they are the 10 inch Atlas wheels you see at the top of the third page with 205/55-10 Loadstar tires on them:

https://www.clubcar.com/content/***/...s-brochure.pdf

I went to install them on my 2008 Precedent today and ran into a problem. The stock wheel studs barely stick through the holes in the wheel. The stock lug nuts fit, but the wheels are so deep that I can't even fit a socket wrench around the stock lug nuts because the wells/holes in the wheels are too narrow for that.

Is it possible that an older Precedent has shorter wheel studs than a modern Onward?

I'm guessing one fix would be to buy longer nuts that stick out more so I can get a lug wrench or even a socket wrench on them, but I'm worried there isn't enough of the wheel stud sticking through for it to be threaded on enough for safety.

Thoughts?
ozycart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2020, 12:09 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2008 Precedent -- lug nuts/studs questions

Just to help future searchers: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=165495

jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car