lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2020, 09:13 PM   #1
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Grinding Noise

In the rear of my 95 series ds. Most of my search returns are of others having it occur when coasting, mine coasts the quietest, but at acceleration it gradually gets a little louder in pulses then is a constant grind unless I let off of the pedal. Bearings or gears here? What do I do?
StumpNocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2020, 11:32 AM   #2
wuntunearlybko
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Grinding Noise

i am in the process of a resolving a similar situation and i believe my culprit is the motor brushes. they started arcing on the commutator and have started causing problems. i am in the middle of the fix so i am not 100% sure this is the problem but regardless if this is my problem it needs to be addressed.

this is the thread i started along with some pics for reference.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=164902
wuntunearlybko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:18 AM   #3
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Grinding Noise

Thanks for that, I reckon I'll start the tear down next week to see what I can see. This week will be tough to do as we are having a shutdown at the plant. With14 and 16 hour days I wont be doing much work at the house this week. I appreciate the reply.
StumpNocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car