lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2020, 08:25 AM   #1
Smitty96
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2000 48V Club Car DS Intermittent

I have a 48v 2000 Club Car DS (S/N: A0046-957611) that is having intermittent driving issues.
The cart has new: FNR switch, motor, cables/terminals to motor, solenoid, and the v-glide was recently adjusted at a local golf cart shop. The motor is also a 4hp motor. Also, battery pack voltage indicates 52v fully charged, and holds good charge.
My wife and I took the cart out on a 20 minute or so ride yesterday, and the cart did perfectly fine, pulled great up hills, etc. I put new lights on it a few days ago, so when it got dark, I went to test drive the cart and got stuck in the neighborhood and had to be pulled back home(Not the first time this has happened) The symptoms were very the cart was very "jerky", stop and go, stop completely, etc.
So far, I have tested the v-glide by disconnecting the yellow and green wires off of the controller. The meter shows 1k ohms with accelerator pedal not pressed, and 0 ohms at WOT. Also, I tested from the main negative battery terminal to M- on the controller. I received 52v just as the solenoid clicked, but when I went to WOT, the voltage did not slowly drop to zero(It dropped to 49V)
Any ideas from the gurus?
The cart is driving me insane because its fine one day, then I cant make it home the next.
Smitty96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2020, 01:48 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 48V Club Car DS Intermittent

the only time I had issues like you describe it was the f/r switch or the cables going to it .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:40 PM   #3
Smitty96
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I wouldn’t suspect the FNR switch because it’s brand new, and I have brand new cables/terminals that go to it.
Smitty96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:49 PM   #4
kendeiss
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have a 2000 1/2 similar issue I first replaced V Glyde with MCOR Conversion ,issue continued intermittently
Replacing the controller with with alltrax ACT that solved the problem
kendeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:58 PM   #5
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I would say there is mcro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car