lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
rcpd34
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 ez go pds

Got a line on this model cart at what seems to be a good price. $1575 as is or $1700 refurbished. Not sure what refurbished means. I am new to carts and am trying to determine if this is a reliable cart and what to look for when going over it upon inspection.

Thanks!
rcpd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 ez go pds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpd34 View Post
Got a line on this model cart at what seems to be a good price. $1575 as is or $1700 refurbished. Not sure what refurbished means. I am new to carts and am trying to determine if this is a reliable cart and what to look for when going over it upon inspection.

Thanks!
Its a darn good cart, does refubished mean epson salt in batteries or new batteries. If it means new batteries go with refurbished.
ohmar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Sound like a deal to me, especoially if "refurbished" really does mean new battereis. I paid $1850 for my 07 PDS with 2009 batteries.

t
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
jolsem725
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

$1700 sure sounds like a deal to me pending the definition of refurbished.

I bought my 2007 PDS this past October for $1700 and just had to put $750 into it for new Trojan batteries and another $800 for head/tail light kit, windshield and trim replacement parts. Also through on a few novelty items such as a set of LED flashing lights on the front and back of cart.
jolsem725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
rcpd34
Not Yet Wild

Ok; this is the reply I received:

2007 E-Z-Go PDS electrics. They are $1575.00 as is and
$1700 refurbished. Same model carts with updated batteries (longer run time) and they are $1725 as is and $1850 refurbished.

No warranty all carts.

Below are definitions:

AS IS Carts are complete. They stop, start and steer with no smoking engines or noisy rears.
Refurb Carts - No broken bodies or torn seats, good matching front and rear tires, serviced with load tested matching batteries, good working chargers, steam cleaned and detailed.

Sure seems to be a no brainer to me to go with the "refurb" for the price difference. Need to play it safe and assume the batteries could be original and need replacement in the future. Not exactly what I would call a refurb, but at least I know where I stand up front. Thoughts?
rcpd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just got my 07 a few weeks ago. From the Battery date stamp they were 2010 Trojans. Same general price + the add ons like a flip seat, speed chip, and mirror. Its a base fleet PDS I feel like I got a great deal, they even tossed in a spare rim+tire at no cost. I have just added a speed switch so I can swap the run pattern with a twist and flip.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:45 PM   #7
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

RCPD34 we bought a the same make/year last week and it was priced $1595 in the standard fleet configuration. It is very new like coming from a private country club. While it has the OEM batteries dated Oct 2006 they were tested and passed I was told. I check them with a volt meter and they all read 6.7 or 6.8 volts. After traveling 20 miles in it yesterday they still where pushing the cart at the same speed up steep hills and each tested 6.0 volts after doing the 20 miles. The head/tail lights were used for the two hours of run time.

Private sellers want more money I learned most often. There are nice low price carts out there because so many off lease carts get dumped each year this time of the year because it is slow in much of the country. The guy I bought my from had 20 more coming by truck. He claimed he was selling them $200 over his cost but I did $450 in upgrades plus $110 in labor so I expect he neted $500 in the end. Not bad for 15 minutes on the phone from a craigslist listing.

Of course the newer the batteries if they are sound batteries is a plus.
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:50 PM   #8
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I just got my 07 a few weeks ago. From the Battery date stamp they were 2010 Trojans. Same general price + the add ons like a flip seat, speed chip, and mirror. Its a base fleet PDS I feel like I got a great deal, they even tossed in a spare rim+tire at no cost. I have just added a speed switch so I can swap the run pattern with a twist and flip.
How is the speed switch working out and which one did you get? Did you install it yourself?
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I made my own using a rotery switch. I have all 4 modes with a twist. I see them for sale on ebay for around 40 bucks. It cost me alot less to build it.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...pds-build.html

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO