lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
RitchCraft
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Need assistance in finding turn signal plug

Help!

Ok, I'm a complete noob when it comes to anything cart related. I have some time today to install a turn signal kit on my 2009 EZGo TXT PDS. Problem is, I can't seem to locate the wiring harness turn signal plug. I've come to the conclusion that at the very least I may need to remove the dash component to get to this plug. Am I correct in assuming this or will I have to go even further? Thanks in advance for the help anyone may be able to offer.

Terry
RitchCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need assistance in finding turn signal plug

My cart came with lights installed from the factory. If your carts lights are operated by the key switch then it is likely a factory installation. In this case there is a plug for a turn signal kit behind the dash. You can get to it by removing the cup holder. The factory turn signal kit is plug n play almost. You have to switch a couple of wires at the tail lights as indicated at the bottom of this wiring diagram.

If you have an aftermarket light installation by a previous owner I wouldn't know where the plug would be but I would look up behind the front wheels on the "firewall" first. If not there I would pop off the cup holder and start tracing wires from the light switch (assuming it is on the dash).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Accessory Wiring golf cart ezgo.jpg (80.8 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
RitchCraft
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you for the response.

Yes, my lights are factory installed controlled by the key switch, same as yours. I didn't even give the cup holder a thought, thank you so much as I was not looking forward to drilling pop rivets.

I purchased an after market turn signal kit and an adapter plug to plug into the wiring harness to wire it up, so not nearly as plug and play as an OEM kit, but hopefully not a nightmare either.

My kit mentions nothing about the wire swap on the back lights as you have shown. I too saw that while browsing manuals on this site and was wondering if I needed to that as well. Thanks for the heads up and again for the quick response. I'm off to the garage.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #4
RitchCraft
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I removed the cup holder and there it was, plain as day and easy to work with. Thanks again for the info.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO