lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #21
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 48-Volt Battery Maintainer

I have a 2008 1/2 Precedent. Batteries are (4) 12v US Batteries, stamped "1 D", which I believe to be April '11. I've been reading some of the comments on this thread and am about ready to give this device a try. OK (disclaimer...)...I'm an electrical ignoramus , but trying to learn. It's advertised as 12v. For 48v do you simply connect to the front and rear of battery pack...???
flkeysdude359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2014, 12:29 PM   #22
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

If the maintainer is listed as 12v, you could only charge ONE of your 4 batteries at a time. A 12v battery maintainer is meant for car batteries.

If you buy a battery maintainer for your golf cart, it must be a 48v model so you can charge all the batteries at the same time. A 48v model would then be connected to the "front" and "rear" of your battery pack.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #23
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by flkeysdude359 View Post
I have a 2008 1/2 Precedent. Batteries are (4) 12v US Batteries, stamped "1 D", which I believe to be April '11. I've been reading some of the comments on this thread and am about ready to give this device a try. OK (disclaimer...)...I'm an electrical ignoramus , but trying to learn. It's advertised as 12v. For 48v do you simply connect to the front and rear of battery pack...???
Here is the one I have:

http://shop.saveabattery.com/48-VOLT...48-2365-48.htm

You can shop around and find it cheaper.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:39 PM   #24
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thank you, thank you, thank you...!!! As admitted, I'm just learning about anything electrical...!!! Whew...!!! I was able to cancel the 12v order, thanks to you guys...!!!
Old 11-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #25
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Just called and ordered the correct charger...thanks once again, you guys are GREAT...!!!
Old 11-27-2014, 08:29 AM   #26
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm going check my pack again tomorrow, see how it looks after having used it for a while now.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #27
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olman View Post
Here is the one I have:

http://shop.saveabattery.com/48-VOLT...48-2365-48.htm

You can shop around and find it cheaper.
Does this charger just plug into wall socket ,and nothing to worry about? after that? If so i am getting one to replace my"club car" charger" charges 4 -12 volt gell cells properly? i couldn't get the web site for this charger to come up.Sounds awfully simple.
please answer here, or scharpr175@ymail.com i want one of these! thanks bob s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:37 AM   #28
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
Does this charger just plug into wall socket ,and nothing to worry about? after that? If so i am getting one to replace my"club car" charger" charges 4 -12 volt gell cells properly? i couldn't get the web site for this charger to come up.Sounds awfully simple.
please answer here, or scharpr175@ymail.com i want one of these! thanks bob s
Don't know why you couldn't click the link. Works for me. This is actually where I bought mine. Hope the admin folks don't mind me posting the link.

http://jbtoolsales.com/save-a-batter...ainer-48v-50w/

Yes you just plug it into the wall. I mounted mine permanently under the seat and used a marine charger plug mounted into the inspection cover so I could just plug an extension cord into it. Understand this charger is small and not intended to replace your large charger. It is much slower. I use mine almost exclusively however unless I am using my cart a lot back to back. When I am not on my cart, the small charger is plugged in. Hope that helps.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:43 PM   #29
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I didn't mount my charger - but I did mount a smaller (wired-in) marine/socket connector right next to the big round battery charger socket on mine. My reasoning was that I didn't want to accidentally plug in the Big and Little chargers at the same time. I do get brain-fades from time to time, and having two sockets side by side seemed like a good way to dumb-down that risk.

In my experience though - because I run low mileage; I find that I very rarely use the big charger any more.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:46 PM   #30
pat5000
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I've been using the 48 volt BatteryMINDer Model 48021: for six months or so.
I purchased a Yamaha charging plug And installed it on the battery minder cord.
On short trips I use the battery minder only. And use the OEM charger on longer trips and heavy use days. I like it.
2013 Yamaha 48 volt with ptv code
pat5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car