lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
wannabecartin2
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default This dang golf cart addiction...

OK, so we have been slowly doing things to our Yamaha G1s, well mine first, then his ...but anyway, we had picked up a beat up roof for it (the frame that came with this was all busted up, my avatar shows the beat up roof just sitting on my cart). Hubby has been cutting metal, bending metal and welding metal for the last couple of days building a new frame for it to put on my cart, he finished the frame last night. Here is where the real addiction comes in, he leaves for work this morning and I find myself on Craigslist at 5:30 am and somebody has posted a golf cart roof, so of course I called the number (I at least waited until 8:30 to call). Turns out that this roof is a Yamaha roof (even has Yamaha in the mold) comes with frame and everything. So I am thinking OK, we could always use another one with the other cart. But nooooo...doesn't end there, the guy ends up having a bunch of these things!! So, of course, what do I do? I come home with 2 roofs with frames....sigh (he will still have to modify a little bit for our G1s). Best part about it, hubby wasn't even mad after all that work he has done to make the first frame, so now he has started making a rear platform with part of the frame he made!! And I have promised to stay off Craigslist for at least 2 days or I might find a golf cart to go with the 3rd roof we have!!!

I'll update more as more comes along...lol that is if I can stay off Craigslist long enough!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frame.jpg (30.2 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg platform frame.jpg (39.0 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg platform.jpg (40.0 KB, 94 views)
wannabecartin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: This dang golf cart addiction...

Okay first of all I can't believe he wasn't upset that he spent 2 days inventing and building you a roof and then you went out and bought one! The man is a Saint. Kiss him, Feed him...
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
wannabecartin2
Getting Wild

Club Car

LoL...ahhh, but you got to remember, I also picked one up for his golf cart...that made it easier I am sure...and they were cheap!! And now I got a platform out of the deal also!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:15 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

YEP! You're hooked...Next thing you know it will tires and wheels....and lift kits......OR both!
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:21 PM   #5
wannabecartin2
Getting Wild

Club Car

Oh dang...did I forget to mention I got new tires, wheels and hubcaps for it last week?? No lift though...I think he might want that for his LoL...omg...it is an addiction!!! New seats come sometime next week and I told him we will just re-do the vinyl on the rear seat. I have new vinyl graphics to go on it but it has to warm up to do those...and then yup, I will be done or maybe not!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tire.jpg (69.2 KB, 51 views)
Old 01-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Yep, sounds like you're hooked on 2 stroke oil!!

The hubby does nice work...good fab skills.

The only problem I see, you have got to post more pics!!!

What part of Ohio are you guys in?

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #7
wannabecartin2
Getting Wild

Club Car

We are near Cleveland, how about you?

As for pics, I have decided to start taking them every step of the way...this is actually kind of cool to watch. Today we are going to the in-laws for New Year's but before we go, he decided to make some diamond plate mudflaps and some finishing touches on the platform but here is a pic of that...threw one in of how the cart looks like right now too (yikes). As for him fabbing, thank you, he is really having fun doing this. I guess it's different then doing it at work. I am not sure what comes after this platform though..either getting the roof modded to fit or maybe rocker panels...or who knows! Sorry about the pics, taking them with my phone for now..my camera was dead
Attached Images
File Type: jpg needing help.jpg (49.9 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg grinding_platform.jpg (51.4 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg platform_mudflaps.jpg (44.6 KB, 91 views)
Old 01-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

We are east of Cleveland.

Carts lookin good!! keep them pics coming!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #9
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

thats a nice g1!
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #10
wannabecartin2
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thank you! LoL...and guess what!?! We are in Lake County too..Eastlake actually.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha