lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2021, 03:23 PM   #1
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default '99 Club Car DS ECO Battery Installation

I got started yesterday on the lithium installation. I pulled the batteries and checked things over for a plan of attack.
The 8-1/2 year old Crown CR-165's checked today at: 8.49, 8.56 (2), 8.57, 8.58 (2) and 8.59. I am really amazed they are holding voltage after being off the charger for 3 days.
Here are some photos for your enjoyment!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9142.jpg (240.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9143.jpg (158.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9145.jpg (157.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9148.jpg (151.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9153.jpg (243.3 KB, 0 views)
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2021, 03:40 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: '99 Club Car DS ECO Battery Installation

Part 2: Additional photos:

Photo 1 shows the frame before removing the controller and solenoid mounting panel.

Photo 2 shows 1/8" aluminum diamond plate used to fill old battery spaces for mounting of charger, solenoid, controller, voltage reducer plus miscellaneous accessory wiring.

Photo 3 shows 9" x 13" baking pans used on top of diamond plate to raise components and hide mounting screws.

Photo 4 shows pan and plate stacking.

Photo 5 shows cleaned up frame. Looks much better!

Photo 6 shows diamond plate, pattern down, and the pans mounted in frame. Center plate is where the ECO battery is going whenever it arrives!

Photo 7 shows easy access to motor wiring with controller plate removed. By the way, the top screws for the controller plate are fun to remove without removing the rear seat and body. And sure is a pretty motor!

Photo 8 shows the frame and mounting plates painted grey enamel.

More photos will follow in several days or so.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9155.jpg (153.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9159.jpg (172.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9162.jpg (156.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-10-2021, 08:30 PM   #3
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

WooHoo-let the games begin; good for you!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:52 PM   #4
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Looooookingg gooooooooooddddddd !!
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 09:32 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
WooHoo-let the games begin; good for you!!
Thanks, Bruce!
Old 08-10-2021, 09:34 PM   #6
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronno6 View Post
Looooookingg gooooooooooddddddd !!
Thanks, Ronno6. ECO will be here Friday!
Old 08-11-2021, 11:22 AM   #7
PRGeno
Not Yet Wild

Looks very clean and prepped. Can't wait to see the finished install.

You've done all the upgrades I have planned for my, new to me 97, except I'm going AC with a Navitas set up. How was the MCOR-4 upgrade? I'm going from a V-Glide to MCOR-4 next.
PRGeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:46 PM   #8
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRGeno View Post
Looks very clean and prepped. Can't wait to see the finished install.

You've done all the upgrades I have planned for my, new to me 97, except I'm going AC with a Navitas set up. How was the MCOR-4 upgrade? I'm going from a V-Glide to MCOR-4 next.
Thanks!

The MCOR conversion is not difficult especially if you get the front end of the cart up on some ramps. Get your conversion kit from Revolution only. He has the OEM parts for it. The ones on Ebay look identical but may or may not be.

I bought my kit 4 years ago on Ebay and it came with Mexico MCORs. Since that installation I went through the original Mexico and two other Mexico ones that needed to be replaced due to jerky operation and needing to pump the pedal before each use.

Over a year ago, I decided to get the China one that everyone here recommends against buying. It was less than 1/2 the price of the Mexico ones. It has to date been smoother in operation than any of the Mexico ones ever were even when brand new. Did I get the elusive good one? I don't know but I'm happy for now. See this thread for more info:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=175721

I believe Scotty @ Carts Unlimited sells the China ones at less cost than the OEM ones.

That said, I highly recommend getting the OEM kit from David @ Revolution for the initial installation. Down the road if that one fails to perform, get whatever you want to try. You might get lucky and save a few $ too.
Old 08-11-2021, 02:04 PM   #9
PRGeno
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Thanks!

The MCOR conversion is not difficult especially if you get the front end of the cart up on some ramps. Get your conversion kit from Revolution only. He has the OEM parts for it. The ones on Ebay look identical but may or may not be.

I bought my kit 4 years ago on Ebay and it came with Mexico MCORs. Since that installation I went through the original Mexico and two other Mexico ones that needed to be replaced due to jerky operation and needing to pump the pedal before each use.

Over a year ago, I decided to get the China one that everyone here recommends against buying. It was less than 1/2 the price of the Mexico ones. It has to date been smoother in operation than any of the Mexico ones ever were even when brand new. Did I get the elusive good one? I don't know but I'm happy for now. See this thread for more info:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=175721

I believe Scotty @ Carts Unlimited sells the China ones at less cost than the OEM ones.

That said, I highly recommend getting the OEM kit from David @ Revolution for the initial installation. Down the road if that one fails to perform, get whatever you want to try. You might get lucky and save a few $ too.
I've already received one from Revolution. It's just waiting for me to stay for more than a couple days at our desert home to get to it.

Thanks for the advice
PRGeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 02:38 PM   #10
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRGeno View Post
I've already received one from Revolution. It's just waiting for me to stay for more than a couple days at our desert home to get to it.

Thanks for the advice
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car