lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2021, 10:07 AM   #1
richieandtunacan
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 ezgo gas with robin 295/no spark

working on a 97 gas ezgo with robin 295. new pick up, new coil, and new ignitor. sparks once when first starts cranking and sometimes once when the pedal is released. i'm stumped, any ideas
richieandtunacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2021, 10:27 AM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 ezgo gas with robin 295/no spark

Battery is not in backward is it ?
Did it start this all of sudden ?
Are these parts OEM or aftermarket ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 11:02 AM   #3
richieandtunacan
Not Yet Wild

battery is correct
all oem parts
customer said problem accured after cart was washed
Old 09-10-2021, 12:14 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by richieandtunacan View Post
battery is correct
all oem parts
customer said problem accured after cart was washed
Check real good where you plug the harness into wires coming from pulser coil. Wiggle the plastic two pin connection and see if it fires
What are marking on this OEM ignitor ? take a picture of it and post what it looks like.
Old 09-10-2021, 12:55 PM   #5
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am guessing a bad ground wire connection somewhere in the vicinity of the battery or solenoid or it's a wire came loose at the solenoid or at one of the connections between the solenoid and igniter or igniter and pulser coil.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:53 PM   #6
richieandtunacan
Not Yet Wild

if i unplug the pulser coil while cranking and plug it back it will spark 1 time everytime i plug it back together only 1 spark
i also had another exact same cart so i switched ( 1 AT A TIME ) the coil the igniter the pulser coil and all the parts worked on the other cart but the problem cart still did the same thing ... also checked all connections even tried using seperate 12v batt source for igniter. im at a loss
Old 09-10-2021, 02:52 PM   #7
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Have you put new plugs in? sounds like grounding issue to me. Add a jumper wire from the battery negative terminal to the ground side of the solenoid(small terminal) and try it.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:22 PM   #8
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by richieandtunacan View Post
if i unplug the pulser coil while cranking and plug it back it will spark 1 time everytime i plug it back together only 1 spark
i also had another exact same cart so i switched ( 1 AT A TIME ) the coil the igniter the pulser coil and all the parts worked on the other cart but the problem cart still did the same thing ... also checked all connections even tried using seperate 12v batt source for igniter. im at a loss
Look close where you unplug it on the harness side of pulser side and make sure they haven't spread apart.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:47 AM   #9
richieandtunacan
Not Yet Wild

tried the ground to the solenoid , still one spark checked connection on the pulser coil , all good
Old 09-14-2021, 08:40 AM   #10
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Make sure the ground at the motor isn't up against the plastic housing and is actually up against the block. If all the components check out on another machine, then it is down to either wiring, or configuration on the subject machine. Clean the contacts on the pulsar coil, I have had gunked up pulsar coil pick ups cause failure to spark. Not sure about the one spark issue though. Look closely at the flywheel as well.

If all is well there, pull the coverings off the wire looms between the solenoid area and the front of the engine, inspect each wire, and every connector. Can't just Ohm them as a few strands connected might pass the continuity test, but not handle the load to create spark. Post some close up photos of the wiring at the solenoid, at the reverse switch, and at the front of the motor to include the pulsar coil, ignition coil, and grounds.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO