lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
00ClubDs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 64 volts on a bad boy?

Hello all I am new to this forum. Now I know it has been stated that high torque motors are the way to go with higher voltage, but how many rpms can you get away with on a high speed motor? Would 64 volts be too much? I have calculated that a D-380 would spin 7600rpm @ 64 volts, but would that burn it up or blow it to pieces?
00ClubDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: 64 volts on a bad boy?

Don't quote me but I think I heard somewhere that 7000 rpm is the upper limit to these motors. I'm sure someone here will have a real good idea.
Try asking that question in the Extreme DC section.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
00ClubDs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Dougmcp. I have been reading around on these forums and saw someone stating that a torque motor, like the beast, should stay together if it doesn't exceed 8 grand. However I did not want to assume the same rules apply to the already higher rpm speed motors. I've posted this question in the Extreme DC forum as well.
00ClubDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
dougmcp
Gone Wild

No problem. I saw that you re-posted down in the Extreme DC section, I will follow it down there and leave this one alone.
Good Luck!
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car