lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
dbmw281
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default solenoid clicking

I have a 91 electric ez go marathon that I have rebuilt. It was running great until it just stopped. When I push the pedal all it does is make click in the solenoid. I have read other post and they suggest crossing the big terminals on the solenoid and when I did that it still would not run/go.. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will post pic of the project shortly.
dbmw281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
AirGuy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: solenoid clicking

did you push on the peddle when you bypassed the solenoid?
AirGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
dbmw281
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, I sure did.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Check all your cable end connections to the motor, F&R, and speed control ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:23 AM   #5
dbmw281
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, I will check this afternoon along with my ohm range on the pot to the controller. I appreciate the quick response.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If the wires are ALL good, then you're going to need a volt meter for further questions that you'll be asked

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #7
dbmw281
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok here we go; I cleaned all connections on the motor and F/R and have good readings on the F/R and continuity on the motor from A1 to A2 and S1 to S2. My micro switch which has an orange wire going to the solenoid and a blue one to the controller seams to be working with sending power to the solenoid. I tested the ohms on the speed controller/pot (is the speed controller as some people call it the same as the pot) and it seams to be all over the place. I have a curtis 275A controller and the pot or speed controller under the micro has four wires coming off it with 2 going to the controller and two going to the double micro behind the F/R. If this is what seems to be bad, could i get the pot with the micro switch built in or which pot should i get. I appreciate any help or suggestions from anyone
Old 10-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
dbmw281
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Can anyone help with the below?

Ok here we go; I cleaned all connections on the motor and F/R and have good readings on the F/R and continuity on the motor from A1 to A2 and S1 to S2. My micro switch which has an orange wire going to the solenoid and a blue one to the controller seams to be working with sending power to the solenoid. I tested the ohms on the speed controller/pot (is the speed controller as some people call it the same as the pot) and it seams to be all over the place. I have a curtis 275A controller and the pot or speed controller under the micro has four wires coming off it with 2 going to the controller and two going to the double micro behind the F/R. If this is what seems to be bad, could i get the pot with the micro switch built in or which pot should i get. I appreciate any help or suggestions from anyone
Old 10-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
dbmw281
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ended up being the controller that was bad.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO