lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #11
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 200? club car

btw i figured out I have a AG9829 club car with the FE290 engine
Powersmokein is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Um, the cart is a 1998
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #13
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

i realize that now, could have sworn it was a 200? model but 1998 is close. its all relatively the same correct?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #14
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersmokein View Post
ok i took the 2 wires loose from the bottom micro switch and bridged them together with a piece of wiire, so iam to assume that this means my coil is bad. how do i get to the coil?? is it like a lawn mower motor where I have to pull the cover off the fly wheel and its under that??? I have a B&S snapper rider that I could rob the coil off of if it'll work, but will that work??? anyone chime in,Iam completly new at this stuff
When the pedal is released the bottom micro closes and shorts the coil to ground killing spark. You need to remove the jumper between the two wires you unplugged.

Located down beside the Rev limiter you will find a black wire coming from the cart harness that connects the rev limiter, Ignitor and coil together.
Unplug everything so that the only thing connected to the coil wire (from under the flywheel) is the Ignitor. Make sure the Ignitor is grounded to the block.
Spin the motor over and check for spark.
If spark then plug in just the Rev limiter and check again.
If still spark you have an issue with the grounding curcuit (Micro or wire)

If no spark with just coil and Ignitor, you have a bad coil, Ignitor or short in wire connecting the two.
Any time I have had an intermittent spark issue with Club Car it has always ended up being the Ignitor that is mounted behind the rev limiter.
Hope this helps.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #15
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Also had some humor in the earlier post about was oil added back into the engine?
The motor does have a low oil sensor in the block that will kill spark if there is no oil. (Or LOW oil)
Just a thought..........
Old 12-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #16
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
When the pedal is released the bottom micro closes and shorts the coil to ground killing spark. You need to remove the jumper between the two wires you unplugged.

Located down beside the Rev limiter you will find a black wire coming from the cart harness that connects the rev limiter, Ignitor and coil together.
Unplug everything so that the only thing connected to the coil wire (from under the flywheel) is the Ignitor. Make sure the Ignitor is grounded to the block.

If no spark with just coil and Ignitor, you have a bad coil, Ignitor or short in wire connecting the two.
Any time I have had an intermittent spark issue with Club Car it has always ended up being the Ignitor that is mounted behind the rev limiter.
Hope this helps.
theres a igniter mounted behind the rev limiter??? Iam guessing all this means i need to drop the motor out huh??? or is there a easyer way to get tto the motor and everything and do all this??? and YES I did add fuel and oil and new filters and put the batt. on charger
Old 12-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #17
crash12888
Gone Crazy

No need to pull the motor out, You can get to everything with the seat removed.
The rev limiter and area I'm speaking of is in the lower front of the motor right above where the engine mounts to the frame.
The ignitor is smaller than a pack of matches and mounted behind the rev limiter. It must be grounded to fire the coil.
Do the above mentioned tests and let us know what you find.
We'll go from there.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:00 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post

Hope this helps.
Great post Crash
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:21 AM   #19
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

ok it looks like theres a black wire com ing from the bottom of the motor to the rev. limiter and also goes off somewhere else. cant see anything else down there though, took the rev. limmiter out and the brackettry out. am I missing somthing??
Old 12-08-2009, 08:41 AM   #20
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Help me out here Scotty, I didn't think a 98 cart had the ignitor built into the coil?

If there is not an ignitor behind the rev limiter then you could have a coil/ignitor assy under the flywheel cover.
If that's the case you need to just unplug the wire coming from under the flywheel area and spin it over.
If it doesn't spark the coil/ignitor assy is bad or the wire going to it is shorted to ground under the flywheel shroud.
I'm gonna do some checking.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car