lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2008, 07:46 AM   #1
goldyincincy
Not Yet Wild

Default What batteries and where

Think I need new batteries. I purchased a 2000 EZGo 36 volt cart. From what I gather it had sat awhile in this guys garage. I charged the cart and the meter shows full charge. I start riding around and within about 10 to 15 mins the cart meter goes to 3/4 and the cart seems very sluggish. I charge again and same thing happens the next time. I think this is a sign of needing new batteries. Just want to know what kind I am looking for to replace what I have and where I can get new ones? if anyone knows a good place to buy that ships or just go local????
Thanks for your help.
Goldy
goldyincincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What batteries and where

Goldy, WELCOME to BGW !!!

U can use the search on the home page for battery info. It is an old and thoroughly discussed topic. U are going to need a voltmeter to test your batts. 1 bad one or 6 six weak ones can cause the same symptoms. gd luck.
PS: No one can ship lead acid batteries.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:39 AM   #3
goldyincincy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info Scotty. What batteries am I looking for.
36v bla bla bla.
Thanks
goldyincincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

with hazmat authority batteries can be shipped. Otherwise nobody would have batteries. Sorry Scotty
Gold, being an EZGO I believe you will need 6volt GC (as in golf cart) batteries. Do not buy deep cycle or marine unless you you want limited run time and short battery life.
You can go to 12 GC batteries but they are expensive, but I think worth the price if, if, you will be raising voltage later. Good luck, Mike
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What I meant was ' I don't think you can have them shipped to your home ...' like by ups
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO