lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
07trail
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 primary clutch

Took my primary clutch apart and sonic cleaned as the grease fitting was missing and grease wasn't able to get into the sliding bushing and it moves up and down side to side pretty decent and even greased it once it was cleaned and able to take grease and still moves a bit plus my arms and pins are a bit sloppy so my question is................ Put all new stuff in it and the bushing's or is there a better clutch to get for it? I have looked a little on here and have seen the comet one and a mention of a G16 fitting? these true and do they work well? Thanks for some insight and help as I've learned a bit on here like the steering fix on it once it was sloppy and how to fix it and ect.....
07trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 primary clutch

G16 clutch does fit and work fine. It is also cheaper to repair. This is the clutch i am using on my G2, same motor as G9. If your clutch is hosed, it could cost 2/3 as much as a new clutch to repair (if using yamaha parts).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #3
07trail
Not Yet Wild

Thanks CGTech! Thinking it's hosed..... The old G9 vibrates bad then smooths out at top end I'm thinking once the primary is pulled in and tension on it...... Other than that its like throwing a hot dog down the hallway loose!!!
07trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:34 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I just put a duster on my G9 but it has a clone in it. The stock clutch I have rebuilt three times with other used weights, I drilled them, it worked pretty well but the sheave is getting really thin. This comet is a mess I need to change the spring but its for an ezgo so no surprise there. It works but does not shift right, I assume if for a yamaha it would have a better setup. Also I have a umax secondary spring in there and that might be messing it up. I was going to get a powerbloc clutch but you need to add the pulley to the back of it. Found a deal on this duster so going to try to get it tuned in. I would say get a clutch that is the same diameter or you could lose speed. Yamaha are 30mm taper clutches. The duster were on sale for around 200-225 a while back. The alum sheave is really expensive for the yamaha arm clutch if yours is about to wear through. I put one on a clutch years back (when they were cheaper) and they last forever, but I'd get an aftermarket tunable clutch for the same money anyway by the time you buy a sheave and the weight kit. You can also try to find used, some have even got the polaris atv clutch to work.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:01 PM   #5
firemedic247
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I've got 2 used clutches for a G9 and a sheave that are for sale. Don't really have a need for them just make me an offer and I can hook you up way cheaper than buying a new one.
firemedic247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:46 PM   #6
Brantley40
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Would you take $120 for both?
Brantley40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:29 PM   #7
firemedic247
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Do you just want the 2 clutches or a clutch and sheave or you can have it all for $150+ shipping.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #8
Brantley40
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I ended up buying a new one, wish I'd been more patient. That's a great deal for all of it!
Brantley40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #9
jscritch
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I just need the sheave. How much?
jscritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #10
firemedic247
Getting Wild

Yamaha

$80 plus shipping
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha